Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
Location: Londrina, Brazil
Department: Trimble Transportation (TT)
The Transportation Mobility Division of Trimble exists to make the roads safer, greener and better for everyone. Our employees bring this to life through imagination, teamwork and a true passion to disrupt the status quo and drive the future of the industry. By using innovative thinking and technology, we create software solutions that protect fleet drivers and the people out on the road. We share a relentless ambition to find new ways to improve a fleet's bottom line, while making the world a greener place. Join some of the most brilliant minds in the transportation field, working together, to make a difference for our customers and the communities we serve.
At Trimble Transportation we are passionate about our people, our customers, our culture, and especially our technology. The DevOps team plays a critical role in enabling Trimble Transportation to provide customers with our world class technology offerings. They are the glue that binds the products together. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference in a self-empowered and agile organization that encourages new ideas through collaboration and creativity. This role will focus on DevOps automation and CI/CD development. While there is a definite hands-on aspect to this role, the ideal candidate will also lead projects, work with agile development and IT teams to provide solutions, and be a subject matter expert in DevOps best practices. Come join us and help us build the technology that will define the future of fleet mobility solutions.
- As part of the DevOps team you will be responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the infrastructure components of Trimble Transportation software products which are hosted in collocated facilities and cloud services such as AWS
- Design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing Trimble Transportation platforms
- Design, build, and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure
- Assist in application developers on proper techniques for building scalable applications in the microservices paradigm
- Foster collaboration with software product development, architecture, and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and auditable processes
- Responsible for mentoring and training others on the team on DevOps practises
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments
- Work independently across multiple platforms and applications to understand dependencies
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of Trimble Transportation continuous integration environments
- Design and architect solutions for existing client facing applications as they are moved into cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, Google
- Experience working within an Agile type environment
- 2+ years of experience with cloud-based provisioning (Azure, AWS, Google), monitoring, troubleshooting, and related DevOps technologies
- 2+ years of experience with containerization/orchestration technologies like Kubernetes, Docker and Rancher
- Monitoring Tools Experience: DataDog, Grafana or some exposure to a monitoring tool
- Experience in delivering and managing web or cloud-based services
- Experience SCM tools such as Git, GitHub, Bitbucket, etc
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and related APIs
- Experience with configuration/provisioning tools like Terraform
- Experience with scripting and automated process management via scripting, such as Shell, Ruby and Python
- 4-year degree or equivalent experience in a software related field
- Previous experience with Linux / Windows systems
- Experience with IaaS and PaaS technologies like AWS, Azure, and OpenStack
- Experience with messaging technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, etc.
- Experience with networking concepts like Routing, SNMP, Web Application Firewalls, Load Balancing, and VPNs utilizing products including those from Cisco
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, etc.
- Experience with Logging: Splunk, Sumologic, GreyLog, etc
- Programming experience in Go a plus
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D