Title: Talent Management Lead & HR Advisor
Location: Leeds, UK
Department: Corporate Services
Reports to: HR Director
This role will take the lead in the UK region to plan and execute talent management activities (organisation design, L&D activities), working closely with the different business unit and sector stakeholders. This is a newly created role, aimed at driving the company talent management agenda for the UK/IR region, in partnership with our global talent management program leader. In addition the role provides HR partnership to a business team and works closely as an HR Advisor to the Business Area Director and other UK-based managers and directors. This role has an emphasis on L&D and talent management activities (~75%) whilst also supporting site HR requirements.
You will also work with the regional HR team on projects to provide a progressive and first class HR service to the UK and Ireland region.
- Acting as a Talent Management partner to the Business Units, Managers and to the UK and Ireland HR team
- Managing, creating, facilitating and coordinating learning & development initiatives and training events; including development programs, leveraging the HR team to deliver a coordinated programme.
- Serve as a regional lead in executing the company's performance management, talent review and succession planning processes in close partnership with HR Business partners
- Review and analyze quarterly pulse, exit and on boarding surveys including action planning and team coaching
- Active communication and content responsibility for HR intranet pages related to your area of responsibility
- Champion the organisational values, behaviours and competencies
- Manage the Apprenticeship Levy budget and build a strategy to maximise this resource. Coordinate and champion the use of apprentices, including managing the apprenticeship training providers.
- Will provide high level HR support for managers and employees, including ER and performance management on site.
- Promote the Well Being agenda on site and work with the HR team for regional initiatives
- Partner with line managers as and when required to provide support, training and coaching.
- Responsible for the induction for new employees on site.
- Work with the the regional operations team to ensure HR information systems, such as Workday are maintained and employee data is current.
- The role requires an estimated 25% travel requirement to other sites in the UK or other off site meetings.
MCIPD / Training qualification desirable; education to degree level desirable
Experience of designing and delivering line manager training. A good level of knowledge
across a wide range of interpersonal topics is essential
Experience of using and coaching on 9 box conversations is desirable
Experience of providing HR advice to managers and employees, including redundancy,
disciplinary, grievance and performance improvement plans.
Ideally you will have some experience gained in a multi-site, matrixed environment and
In depth understanding of employment law
Experienced project management
Excellent commercial awareness and understanding
Specific Skills required:
Able to coach managers and provide sound HR advice in line with policy and legislation
Outgoing personality with excellent people skills
High level of competence with MS Office including Powerpoint, MS Word and Excel.
Able to set out required processes and checklists where appropriate
Have excellent spoken and written communication skills
Respect the importance of confidentiality, to professionally deal with employees' personal
Able to prioritise, plan and organise workload and is able to push back or escalate where
Be able to work as part of a team
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D