Title: Product Manager
Location: Boulder, CO
About SketchUp, a Boulder startup all grown up
Part of Trimble, SketchUp is one of the most popular 3D modeling and design tools in the world. Today, millions of architects, engineers, contractors, woodworkers, artists, and other creatives use our software to design transit centers, treehouses, and everything in between. We support a healthy work/life balance and high-quality standards for software and coffee. Our office is conveniently located right off the Boulder Creek Path.
About Trimble, our parent company
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial, and transportation and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
As a Product Manager, you will be a student of and advocate for these users. You’ll research their key problems, and hone the workflows that bring them delight and success. As a business leader, we will expect you to develop intimacy with our go-to-market plan and product principles to help us deliver value to customers. All of this, while also playing the role of an agile product owner with one of our product development teams.
Along the way, you’ll collaborate closely with colleagues in product management, UX design, marketing, sales, and customer support. This means developing your leadership skills and emotional intelligence from all angles as part of our big team effort to deliver 3D for everyone.
- Develop a deep understanding of user experience. Identify opportunities to build customer success through new and improved product capabilities.
- Product management: Understand and contribute to our team strategy and portfolio roadmap. Own and drive capability roadmaps. Execute against the roadmaps by prioritizing initiatives and detailing what each and every feature looks like.
- Product ownership: Work closely with software engineers, scrum masters, and UX designers to scope, plan, design, and project-manage feature development. Execute within our team’s agile development framework.
- Communicate our product roadmap across internal teams. Occasionally, represent SketchUp at customer events and tradeshows.
- Passion for user experience, design, and problem-solving.
- Skill to visualize and illustrate: ideas, workflows, detailed implementations. We expect you to be very good at ‘showing’ your thinking.
- Ability to break large initiatives into smaller implementation tasks.
- Project management and leadership expertise for aligning and executing with cross-functional teams.
- Research design and implementation for generating market intelligence, user persona profiles, and user experience insights.
- Clear and concise communication.
- It would be nice, but not crucial, for you to have:
- Domain experience in 3D modeling or 2D illustration (preferred, but not required).
- Working experience with SketchUp a major plus (but also not a drop-dead requirement).
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in architecture, design, computer science or other relevant fields.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D