Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Westminster, CO
Department: Agriculture, In-Field Solutions
The Trimble agriculture division is looking for a senior software engineer to develop the next generation of precision farming technology. You will work on cutting edge mobile computing technology that increases the productivity of farmers and helps reduce the use of fuel and chemicals. When you work at Trimble you will be exposed to a wide range of technologies; our products contain everything from GPS Tracking and high accuracy positioning to OpenGL 3D graphics, real-time control systems and vehicle robotics. Come join an outstanding team of engineers in an exciting and growing division of a company that has a track record of consistent growth.
- Perform software engineering within the process framework established for the project and contribute to the continuous improvement of these processes. (This framework will describe how requirements are developed and analyzed, how changes are made to requirements, how engineering work will be planned and tracked, how testing will be performed, and the criteria by which the performance of the project will be measured.)
- Work with the project team and with the application domain experts (e.g., application engineers, technical marketing) to establish achievable requirements.
- Work with the project team to identify / clarify project goals, establish useful milestones, and develop a breakdown of the engineering tasks to be performed.
- During the development process, develop engineering effort / schedule estimates to support overall project scheduling, project tracking, and change control decisions.
- Create software designs and implement and test those designs to meet established requirements.
- Participate in technical / design reviews as required by the project framework.
- Maintain and archive design documents, source code, and other work products necessary for the project.
- As necessary, work independently or with quality assurance personnel to plan and execute product testing.
- As necessary, perform or enable the ongoing support of software through the creation of design documentation or the performance of defect isolation and resolution.
- Work with the author of product documentation to assist in the development and review of product documentation.
- As necessary, provide engineering work products and documentation to manufacturing and document control as necessary for successful product release.
Skills & Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of Java programming experience
- 5+ years of experience with Java on the Android platform
- 5+ years of experience with C++
- Experience with large system design
- Experience with API and library design
- Experience with real time or multi-threaded systems
- A thorough understanding of OO design patterns
- Self-managed, self-starter able to work in rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with all team members
- Problem solving ability and strong experience analyzing information along with quick effective decision-making
Preferred / Nice-to-Have Experience
- UI development experience is a plus
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D