Title: Product Specialist (Excavation Commissioning)
Location: Westminster, CO
Department: Survey & Geospatial
The Geospatial/Survey Product Manager is responsible for orchestrating all Trimble organizational
elements in order to achieve total product success as measured by revenue growth and customer
- Perform market analyses that identify all current and future market elements that will determine product success. The analysis will typically include elements such as customer profiles and use cases; application workflows; competitive positioning; sources of differentiation; market segmentation; branding, etc.
- Contribute to the creation of a product roadmap strategy that is based on true market analysis, defining the requirements for the product to achieve revenue and financial targets. This includes factors such as product features, product offering, promotion, distribution and support.
- Create and own detailed product use cases that describe the features, priorities and customer problems that will be resolved in each product release.
- Establish product pricing strategy based on market value, competitive solutions and regional variations.
- Engage with customers and distribution partners to learn of customer requirements, run beta programs, participate in user groups and generally evangelize the solutions.
- Communicate and drive customer advocacy with development and application engineers to ensure successful implementation of new features and products.
- Create and coordinate the development of go to market materials, including webinars, webpages, manuals, brochures, advertising, etc.
- Create support plans and coordinate with support teams to ensure that performance is consistent with business objectives.
- Conduct training of the sales team to educate on the product, customer benefits and differentiation of solution relative to competitive projects.
- Evangelize the products through online forums, webinars and representation at industry events, conferences, seminars, etc.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Strong customer-focus with ability to analyze complex workflows, identify relevant market opportunities and translate into actionable product roadmaps
- Pro-active communicator, excellent written and spoken communication skills, able to understand the needs of a specific audience and tailor content accordingly
- Must be a problem solver with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must demonstrate the willingness to be a change agent and challenge conventional wisdom if the conventional wisdom stands in the way of success
- Ability to lead and motivate international teams in a dynamic environment of shared resources
- BS in Geospatial, Survey or Civil Engineering discipline or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in marketing or project management
- MBA a strong plus
- Trimble survey products experience/knowledge a huge plus
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D