The Buildings/Architecture & Design Education Team is seeking an associate-level headcount addition to help increase usage, market adoption, and serve as an account manager in our key education markets: K-12 and Higher Ed. The greater the adoption in these markets, the better that we seed our commercial markets with demand for Trimble architecture and design products and content. Professionals bring the software they learn in school with them to the post-graduation workplace.
Trimble’s Architecture & Design division is a quickly evolving powerhouse of software solutions which include: SketchUp, LayOut, Sefaira, Connect, XR Apps, and more. Our SketchUp Studio bundle is one of the most popular 3D modeling and design tools in the world. Today, hundreds of thousands of architects, engineers, contractors, woodworkers, artists, students and other creatives use SketchUp, LayOut and the 3D Warehouse to design everything from transit centers to treehouses and everything in between.
As an Education Associate, you’ll be a key driver in helping to manage and disperse a variety of SaaS and desktop products to universities across the globe, with lots of interfacing with our Education & Outreach Director, our Operations teams, our worldwide channel partners, a variety of Trimble product management teams and most importantly, our student and educator end-users. We’re looking for someone with general software licensing model knowledge who can help provide solutions to meet the needs of students and educators on both the K-12 and Higher Education level, while having a pulse on how kids, schools, and parents are engaged with our relevant tools. Having a basic understanding of the AECO industries and knowing where our suite of products fit into those workflows is of benefit as well. You’ll be communicating with our EDU users and internal colleagues about all things Trimble Buildings in EDU, so we’re also looking for someone with sharp communication and account management skills who can step in and quickly learn licensing structures of the products we both sell and grant. Keeping things clean and organized in regards to databases and communications with our users/internal dev teams here is definitely required.
You should have:
- Experience managing multiple accounts simultaneously, with super-power organization, communication, and time-management skill sets.
- An understanding of software licensing/entitlements, and willingness to build an awareness of Trimble’s AECO-specific product lines.
- A penchant for researching and understanding software licensing structures, terms and portal systems, especially with an awareness of EDU ecosystems on both K-12 and Higher Education levels in regards to how schools & students obtain, deploy and maintain software.
- A willingness to quickly learn the BIM, AECO, DBO stories/ecosystems, understanding where SketchUp Studio and Trimble products can be applied and promoted within schools, trade orgs, and other learning institutions.
- Experience attending/exhibiting/training at conferences/events, some EDU-focused.
- Public speaking chops. At the very least, you shouldn’t be terrified of talking in public. We like to get out there and meet our users.
- A track record for writing clear and compelling copy, and a penchant for doing so with some personality.
- Some project management experience is preferred.
This role will also contribute to key education, sales, and marketing operations such as events and product launches. You’ll be working closely with other members of the Trimble & SketchUp teams, so playing nice with others (and enjoying doing so) is another must for this position.
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience in the field of Education, either in the classroom or in a capacity closely associated
- Basic understanding of AECO industries and the primary tools they use
- Experience with Google Apps
- Experience in software license deployment and customer support
- Experience with creating and managing simple databases
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D