#Senior Software Engineer - Java
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble in Chennai is seeking a Sr Software Engineer for its Cloud Platform Engineering Team to build and run large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant API Cloud services. This Team in Chennai for Trimble Cloud platform will strive to make API Cloud services secure, highly available, reliable and performant to our users
- Performs software engineering within the process framework established by the Team. This framework will describe how requirements are developed and analyzed, how changes are made to requirements, how engineering work will be planned and tracked, how testing will be performed, and the criteria by which the performance of the project will be measured.
- Creates software designs, and implements and tests those designs to meet established requirements
- Participates in technical/design reviews as required
- As necessary, works independently or with quality assurance personnel to plan and execute product testing
- As necessary, performs or enables the ongoing support of software through the creation of design documentation or the performance of defect isolation and resolution
- Works with the author of product documentation to assist in the development and review of product documentation
- Other duties as required and requested by management
- 6-8 years of experience in software product development .
- Proficiency in Java 8 and above.
- Experience in developing applications with cloud technologies AWS/Azure
- Experience in microservices based Architecture
- Solid hands-on programming experience in Java developing high-quality readable code.
- Good knowledge of Spring framework with Spring Boot.
- Experience with RDBMS and No SQL databases.
- Good working knowledge on Linux
- Good exposure to Continuous integration tools, Cloud Deployments, and Scripting.
- Good exposure in TDD
- Experience with any one of the Gateway (AWS/Azure/WSO2/Apigee) functionalities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter and Passionate to learn new technologies
Good to have
- Good knowledge in analytics and distributed data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark using Amazon EMR.
- Self driven go getter.
Graduation and Certification
·B.E / B.Tech or M.E / M.Tech / M.S. in Computer Science Engineering or an equivalent degree.