Job Title: IT Project/Program Management
Location: Dayton Ohio, Westminster, Colorado, or Sunnyvale, California
Department: IS – Information Services
We are Trimble! We design, build, and maintain roads and buildings. We survey land and subdivide areas into cities. We improve crop yield in farms to feed and fuel cities. We track vehicles that transport goods from point A to B to support the economy and feed cities. We have solutions that meet the needs of the ecosystem. This is the universe we live in and this is what we do. We transform the way the world works. www.trimble.com
We are looking for an Information Systems Project Manager to join our global IS team. The opportunity is in the US at one of our business locations to include Dayton Ohio, Westminster Colorado, or Sunnyvale California.
Come to position yourself with an international and innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Responsible for planning and implementing projects to integrate disperse IS systems and their operation into Trimble standards. Will lead a small team consisting of IS Network, Systems, and Telecommunications engineers as a member of the Corporate IS team. You will document and status schedules, estimate costs, and follow the capital acquisition request process for project funding approval. You will track and mitigate risks and status against the approved plan.
- Create Project Plans that contain task lists, budgets, schedules, and risk assessments.
- Maintain Open/Action Items List.
- Complete weekly status reports as needed.
- Communicate with all relevant stakeholders (employees, management) proactively throughout the project, including communicating difficult, sensitive, or confidential information.
- Facilitate meetings with a high level of organization to set agendas and expectations and summarize progress and tasks required with internal customers.
- Identify and communicate project risks and roadblocks, with creative solutions to accomplish project and business objectives regardless of changing circumstances.
- Ensure all parties have completed their tasks as described in the Project Management Plan.
- Conduct learning sessions with customers on Trimble IS systems.
- Deliver presentations, remote and in person, to internal customers and stakeholders.
- Other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Position may require occasional evening or weekend hours, but the primary workload involves standard business hours during the week (8-5).
- Frequently interacts with peers, other IS staff, IS management, and business group managers and employees in support of end-user IS services.
- Collaborates with outside service providers and internal customers to provide knowledge of supported services to ensure the successful implementation of new or changed features.
Characteristics / Skills Required
- Personable and able to deal with a wide range of customers with different skill levels in a positive and friendly manner (strong communication skills).
- Must participate as a member of a team based environment.
- Must be able to solve well defined problems by exploring alternatives and selecting the appropriate solution.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have the ability to work successfully with little supervision.
- Must be willing to be available for pre-scheduled after-hours system integration efforts.
- Fluency in English.
Education / Experience
- Minimum 7 years of Project Management Experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an IT field such as Network or Systems Engineering.
- Proficiency in Google Suite of products (Mail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft product suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Presentation experience to medium and small groups, both remote and in-person.
- Ability to organize and lead a variety of roles and parties involved in the project (IT, Operations, Users).
- Highly organized and demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail with a sense of urgency.
- Strong relationship management skills, including working in a fast-paced environment, interacting with senior management and executives.
- Facilitate meetings with a high level of organization.
- Ability to manage total accountability for a customer-specific project.
- Experience with Project Management Software (MS Project, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time. Some global travel required.
- Experience in the following areas is desirable: Network Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Telecommunications Engineering.
- Project Management Certification is desired.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D