Position Profile - Software Engineer II
We are looking for a .NET Developer responsible for the server side of our platform. He/She should have good experience in the following technologies:
- C# .NET
- ASP.NET Web API
- .NET Core
- .NET Framework 4.5+
- Entity Framework 6+
- MySQL (or any RDBMS)
The candidate shall be motivated enough to combine the art of design with the art of programming. His/Her primary focus will be to maintain a set of platform APIs, with a focus on performance. His/Her main duties will include exposing APIs or modify the existing APIs based on the needs. He/She will work in a team with the front-end developers.
We are currently running our services on AWS EC2 machines using Auto Scaling Groups, and are looking to containerize our application. So, experience in Serverless Application Model is required. Also, good knowledge in Amazon SQS, Amazon Lambda Functions, Amazon API Gateway, ElasticSearch, Amazon ECS and DynamoDB is a plus
Responsibility and Accountability
- Develop new APIs using ASP.NET Web API
- Maintain a complete set of platform APIs
- Optimize APIs for maximum speed and scalability
- Write unit tests using existing frameworks like Nunit, Microsoft unit testing framework.
- Expose appropriate APIs or modifying the existing APIs based on the requirements.
- Cooperate with the front-end developer in the process of building the RESTful API
- Communicate with external web services
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Ensure the technical feasibility and good design
- Follow agile best practices
Skill set and background
- Proficient in C#.NET, ASP.NET+, Entity Framework 6+ and MySQL
- Deep knowledge of OOPS, Design Principles and Microservice architecture
- Must have a working experience in Performance tuning
- Strong understanding of multi-threading, TPL and async/await in .NET
- Good understanding of HTTP protocol and REST standards
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components
- Good in Cloud fundamentals. Particularly in AWS.
- Familiarity with tools like Git, JIRA, Jerkins etc.
- Must have a working experience of about 4 to 6 years.
- Must have served in an organization where agile practices are in use.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Upbeat, highly motivated and self-starter.
- Must be a graduate from a tier-1 / tier-2 ranked institute studying Computer Science Engineering with a strong academic record.
- 10th Grade: State Boards 90%. Central or International Boards: 80%
- 12th Grade: State Boards 90%. Central or International Boards: 80%
- Undergraduate: GPA 8.0 ( Central institutes ) 8.5 ( State institutes ) - In a scale of 10
- Graduate: GPA 8.0 - In a scale of 10
- A score of 7.0 GPA in a scale of 10 is acceptable, if the candidate is from a tier-1 institute
Applications with the following academic track records shall be fast tracked.
- Recipient of NTSE / JRF scholarship or any other central / state award for academic excellence.
- A minimum score of 75% in the National Equivalence Test.
- National Level Science / Maths Olympiads - top 500 in national level, top 100 rank in state, or top 50 in the city.
- Within the 10,000 rank in JEE ADVANCED.
- Active contribution to stackoverflow.
- Prototype / open source in available in public github.
- Active participation in continuous learning - like Coursera, Udacity or Edx certificates.
- Active participation in coding challenges - like HackerRank.
- Creation of technical blogs / youtube videos.
Must be from a tier-1, tier-2 ranked organization.
Measure of Success
- Timely delivery of all work products that meet or exceed quality norms.
- Extent High and Low level designs.
- Coverage of unit test cases and test runs
- Code quality and amount of rework
- Clear and transparent reporting
Supervise a small team of software engineers, if assigned. Usually none.
Team Leader or above.
Tidel Park, Taramani