Title: Product Owner
Location: Westminster, CO
Department: Autonomous Solutions
About Trimble Autonomous Solutions:
Trimble’s Autonomous Solutions Division is a leader in autonomous vehicles for the agricultural and construction industries that help customers operate more efficiently, save on input costs, and increase yield and precision. Trimble Autonomous Solutions are at the forefront of vehicle and implement guidance and steering, implement control, obstacle detection and avoidance, optimal path planning, and remote command and control.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial, and transportation and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
As a Product Owner in Trimble Autonomous Solution (TAS) the successful candidate will be excited about the opportunity to disrupt the industry and transform the business. The Product Owner represents the interests of the customer. The successful candidate will have key skills in both eliciting and translating customer feedback into features and solutions which align with the product strategy. She/He will have the ability to be decisive in making decisions and communicating them after evaluating appropriate information. Additionally, the successful candidate will have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and be comfortable presenting in front of large groups. She/He must be able to learn new software and other technology quickly, and must have excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. She/He will have some experience in teaching or training other users, and be able to translate technical content to non-technical users. Finally, a good Product Owner is an open-minded, inquisitive individual who likes to work in a team, but who also has the ability to work independently in a self-directed environment.
- Conduit between business & technical teams (aligns business & development).
- Collaborate with other Product Owners, Product Managers, and Leadership to align on future product enhancements in the formation of a roadmap.
- Engage with customer experience, SMEs, and customers to understand workflows and extrapolate requirements.
- Drive the breakdown of large solution requirements into an executable backlog.
- Refine requirements with the team and accepts completed work.
- Makes the tough calls on scope and content within the delivery cycle.
- Responsible for the health and prioritization of the product backlog based on business priorities, events and dependencies with other teams.
- Conducts customer acceptance testing.
- Work closely with the engineering team to deliver new product features and capabilities (member of the agile delivery team).
- Communicate priority and delivery goals to ensure alignment with Leadership.
- Actively participates in delivery team meetings and be available to answer team questions.
- Coordinates with other Product Owners, delivery teams, and shared services to ensure delivery success.
- Provide support and training to other Trimble staff on product use and technical product details.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to ensure cross-functional teams are aligned and prepared for product release.
- Support and generate product launch materials as necessary.
- Participate in industry trade associations, technical working groups, seminars, etc.
- 2+ years’ experience in a product development environment; preferably involving firmware, communications, and embedded software, hardware.
- 2+ years of relevant Product Owner, Business Analyst experience.
- Understanding of the Construction Industry as it pertains to all forms of field operations, production processes, logistics, organizations, and best practices. Regulatory bodies are a plus.
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management, documentation, and tools, such as Jira.
- Experience in translating user stories into product development priorities, liaising between development team and product management.
- A strong desire to interact with people and technology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success.
- Demonstrated success in working with remote development teams.
- Willing and able to occasionally travel nationally and internationally.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- A commitment to working in an environment consistent with Trimble's values.
- Bachelor’s Degree in management, computer science, or engineering.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Experience in an Agile software product development environment.
- Proficiency with G Suite business tools.
- Usability testing experience.
- Experience with schedule-based and feature-based releases.
- Software programming development experience a plus.
- Experience or knowledge of Trimble products is a plus.
- Scrum Product Owner certification (CSPO) is a plus.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D