Title: Performance Engineer
• Understand the product architecture and come up with the overall performance test strategy in consultation with the Architecture team
• Come up with Performance test strategy for each major release and get it reviewed with the Project Managers and Architecture team.
• Create/review Performance Test Plans for all the projects in a release. Additionally, support Architecture and Development proof of concepts
• Identify, Use and build tools and testing infrastructure necessary for high volume testing.
• Establish the methodology and procedures for performance testing web based applications dependent on databases as well as high volume back end event based systems
• Design/Develop/Execute load testing and performance testing scripts based on application usage scenarios.
• Identify data needs for load/performance testing and create sql scripts or simulated data feeds for testing as needed.
• Analyse, interpret and publish test results and technical details with variable levels of detail required by development/management.
• Perform end-to-end transaction analysis to identify latency using variety of tools at web tier, application tier, database tier and web services.
• Identify the scalability limits of the current system architecture.
• Add more value by doing Performance Engineering - Component level monitoring, finding performance bottlenecks and pinpointing performance issues.
• Own the Performance test stack infrastructure. Work with other teams to keep the stack in sync with production
• Support globally distributed project teams in Chennai, Ipswich (UK), Milpitas (US)
• Minimum 10 years of experience in load/performance test planning, strategy and implementation
• At least 3+ years of leading a performance testing team.
• Hands-on experience in at least one of the leading commercially available performance testing tools
• Hands-on experience in at least one programming language (C, C++, Java, etc.)
• Strong scripting skills. Hands-on experience in writing SQL queries
• Experience with performance testing Enterprise web applications in Java platform. Experience in performance testing SAAS applications is highly desirable
• Experience working in Windows/Unix/Solaris environments
• Self-starter with good communication, inter-personal skills
• Graduate/Post Graduate degree in Computer Science
Skills & Experience Required:
- Identify the scalability limits of the current system architecture.
- Add more value by doing Performance Engineering -
- Component level server-side monitoring
- API, Processor instrumentation for capturing performance metrics.
- Finding performance bottlenecks at components level
- Pinpointing performance issues in code/query level.
Strong analytical skills.
Good Communication skills
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modelling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.