Title: IT Cloud Services Systems Administrator
Location: Chapel Hill, NC or Mayfield Hts, OH
Department: IT Cloud Services
The Cloud Services Administrator will report to the Senior Manager of IT and will be a critical member of the company's cloud technical support and service provisioning team. Primary interaction will be between the users, customers, systems administrators, and other systems engineers and administrators to provide effective technical services to our customers. As part of a strong technical IT customer support team function, the ideal candidate uses their technical and business skills to detect, investigate and resolve software and hardware problems.
The purposes of the role are to:
1) design programs to promote subscription services,
2) add capacity for infrastructure management to accommodate the 20% growth annually in CS,
3) promote effective IT practices for onboarding of new clients,
4) facilitate the support of subscription services delivery through 24/7/365 operations support
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background around personal computer systems management, problem resolution and configuration and effective use of network connectivity, security, Microsoft Windows operating systems, VMWare and remote access security concepts. The candidate will ideally have strong interpersonal communication abilities with IT Services clientele.
● Provides a professional interface to the Cloud Services Systems and all its Customers
● Provides consulting services to promote designs that provide software subscription delivery to customers
● Provides high-level technical problem resolution response to assist in problem cause and resolution.
● Provides customer retention support and builds customer relationships
● Provides design consulting services for client environments
● Designs migration plans to migrate clients to CS
● Provides quoting services to assist clients in migration.
● Provides sizing of environments to Trimblesoftware needs for new and existing clients
● Review and administer technical features supporting DR and backup processes to assure 100% recoverability of the system(s).
● Promote cloud technology to further the efficient distribution of services to subscription clients globally.
● Assist in the build and deployment of services and equipment as directed.
● Automation, by scripts or system jobs, efforts such as file archival on critical server systems or file transfer to other servers.
● Deep ownership in the success of our customers and a strong sense of urgency in keeping services at the highest level possible
● TRIMBLE Systems is a business hours operation (EST and PST time zones), however, the role is expected to occasionally support the business needs outside of these hours.
● Travel 5-15%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to not only perform the duties assigned, but continually learn and actively contribute to the team and raise awareness of how our users can use their systems to greater business contribution.
● Technical Degree preferred and equivalent practical experience or current certifications in MCSE/VMware or with continuing study towards a job relevant Bachelor's Degree.
● 7+ years experience in troubleshooting of end-user equipment and productivity applications use
● 7+ years experience in Microsoft desktop systems administration
● 7+ years experience in Windows Server and Desktop system administration and design concepts.
● Exposure and some level of experience with Virtualization products and SAN storage technologies.
● Good communication skills, both oral and written, service-oriented, positive, flexible team player
● Constant and close visual work at desk or computer
● Constant sitting and working at a desk
● Frequent verbal and written communication with the team and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in-person
● Frequent lifting of folders, files, binders, computer equipment and other objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
● Frequent opening and closing of heavy file drawers
● Occasional bending and stooping to pick up boxes and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
● Frequent walking and standing
● Occasional driving of automobiles
● Occasional weekend and evening responsibilities
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local