Title: Product Manager
Location: Maynard, MA
Department: Product Management
The product manager will guide a matrixed team through the creation and evolution of our shipper TMS product line, from strategic planning to tactical activities. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. In partnership with our industry principals, you will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based your contact with customers, partners, and prospects. You must be able to provide our development staff with appropriate market and functional requirements to facilitate the creation of products. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; with the drive and organizational skills to ensure that the vision becomes a reality.
Roles & Responsibilities
Provide thought leadership and vision in the development of new products and revenue streams:
· Analyze product, customer, and market data to identify and define new product opportunities, extensions and enhancements to existing products, and applications of technology to new markets.
· As the industry principal you will be responsible for understanding and improving the capabilities of your products to ensure there is alignment across the TMS portfolio.
· Develop business cases reflecting all necessary commercial and technical considerations required to secure product development funding.
· Create detailed product requirements providing a complete and comprehensive definition of the features and functions of the product suitable for implementation by technical development personnel.
· Evaluate and force rank development projects based on user needs, the business case and resource requirements, while being mindful of the long-term product roadmap.
Ensure a successful product launch by driving the necessary activities across the organization:
· Product development – ensure that all features and functions are developed consistent with the requirements, and to help develop appropriate detailed technical requirements. Act as primary point of contact to support all product development efforts and ensure efficiency in communications and implementation.
· Industry principals – perform customer interviews, market surveys, focus groups, and other market research activities as needed to measure market responsiveness to product features and benefits.
· Sales, marketing, and solution delivery – help them understand your products’ positioning, key benefits, and target customer; to develop training materials for solutions engineers, solutions delivery, and user documentation.
Contribute to the ongoing success of your products:
· Perform demonstrations of products and make presentations to customer groups about product features, benefits, and value propositions.
· Maintain a mastery of your products at both the buyer and user levels, including features, benefits, and application within the customer environment.
· Maintain detailed knowledge of market conditions and competing products.
· Develop and maintains customer and user contacts in the marketplace to ensure a ready supply of customer references, and testimonials.
· Willingly wear whatever hats are required to make your products a success.
· BA/BS required. Business, supply chain, or logistics preferred.
· Prefer 5+ years supply chain/logistics experience.
· Prefer 3+ years product/project related experience, preferably within a software environment.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal presentation skills.
· Demonstrated results orientation and strong project coordination abilities.
· Experience working in/leading cross-functional teams
· Ability to lead by influence rather than authority.
· Willingness to travel (25%).
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D