Title: Technical Support Lead
Location: Boulder, CO
About SketchUp, a Boulder startup all grown up
Part of Trimble, SketchUp is one of the most popular 3D modeling and design tools in the world. A free version of our product is available as SketchUp for Web. Today, millions of architects, engineers, contractors, woodworkers, artists, and other creatives use our software to design transit centers, treehouses, and everything in between. We support a healthy work/life balance and high-quality standards for software and coffee. Our office is conveniently located right off the Boulder Creek Path.
About Trimble, our parent company
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial, and transportation and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Our mission is to help make our users better, smarter, and more successful. As our support lead, you’ll be guiding the team that helps our customers overcome roadblocks with our software so that they can continue to find success. We’re looking for someone with proven chops solving hardware and software problems and a passion for finding solutions. You’ll talk to architects, woodworkers, urban planners, teachers, circuit board designers, Ruby developers… pretty much anyone on planet Earth. Excellent communication skills are an obvious must, but you also need to have mastered the elusive art of translating what a customer says into what they mean.
The Technical Support Lead provides prompt assistance to end-users, resellers/distributors, and internal Trimble teams relating to product information and customer support. This position also resolves some sales and service support issues. Success in this position involves a strong drive to complete every customer interaction with understanding and compassion — striving to engage and retain every customer. To build such a rapport with the team that they expect you to work hard, cover your bases, and that you can trust them to do the same. To learn our current processes and constantly strive to work more efficiently.
Measures of Success:
- Provide fast and efficient support to end-users, distributors/resellers, and internal Trimble teams with great customer satisfaction responses.
- Provide complex support on diverse problems that span refunds, invoice retrieval, user access, and other 3rd party technologies.
- Consistently demonstrate the ability to interpret what a customer says into what they mean.
- Develop recommendations, project proposals, and implement changes that improve the way we work and decrease effort for customers.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather information from multiple sources and use that to make decisions or suggestions.
- Develop and maintain documentation regarding our processes and decisions.
- Provide new product input, testing, and release involvement based on your understanding of customers.
- Demonstrate powerful use of autonomy, yet remain humble enough to ask for help.
- Frequently impress customers and co-workers with exceptional communication skills — own what you say, and be quick to admit misunderstandings and mistakes.
- Bachelor's degree in Arts and Sciences, Computer Science, or similar.
- 2+ years of experience leading teams that provide world class support.
- Deep drive to help customers be successful and to provide (or help them) find the information they need to do so.
- Strong desire to ‘clear’ queues and make sure all customers get helped in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling, 3D graphics processing, or energy performance.
- Background in Engineering, Architecture, Design, or User Experience.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D