Title: User Interface (UI) Application Designer
Department: Trimble Agriculture
Location: Westminster, CO
Trimble Agriculture is looking for a User-Interface (UI) Application Designer to join its product management design team in order to contribute to the feature design requirements - from conceptual feature requirements to in-field productized features - for a worldwide audience. This individual will work with a diverse Product Management team to create visualization layouts and iconology that gives requested features a visual understanding and clear defined supporting elements in order for our agile Engineering team to execute their development.
This individual will maintain existing application style and functionality requirements of our Farm application frameworks, while helping the Product Management team drive consistent UI design practices across multiple application platforms, including:
- In-vehicle Android work applications.
- Cellular mobile interfaces.
- Backoffice web software.
Working in conjunction with a variety of Trimble Agricultural product experts, the UI designer will have the opportunity to generate clean and artful user interactive design wireframes, mockups and low-fidelity feature prototypes. The UI designer will then iterate on these prototypes with feedback from the Engineering team, the Product Team, users and other stakeholders to formulate the design requirements from which finished features will be coded. Ultimately, the UI designer will help drive the design of the overall user interface of the product, ensuring a great user experience based on this iterative design and test process.
This individual can expect to work with other talented UI designers within Trimble Agriculture as well as with other divisions within Trimble to maintain consistent style and operational workflows and iconology across Trimble Inc as a whole.
- Teamwork. Work closely with product managers to understand Trimble Ag’s extensive product portfolio and our clients needs. Collaborate with product managers and developers who are dedicating to building your solutions.
- Creativity. Take product ideas and requirements and transform them into user flows, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences and provide engineers with an understanding of design and functionality.
- Implementation. Research, build, and conduct design validation with marketing, engineering, and end customers. Execute all visual design stages from initial mocks to finalized engineering design specs.
- Take charge. Lead the design and UI decisions related to new and core functions and features relating to farmings in-field operations. Ask smart questions, do not be afraid to take risks, and champion new ideas and technology.
- Consistency. Solidify our design language into a structured and documented design style guide for marketers and engineers to follow.
Skills & Experience Required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in visual design, human-computer interaction, or related field.
- Software: Expertise in standard UI software such as: Adobe XD, Sketch, Figma, Invision, and/or other design software.
- 5+ years of UI design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing in an Android environment, and can demonstrate past UI design proficiencies with a strong design portfolio. Experience in using UI design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first responsive design.
- Industry Standards. A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns. An understanding of SAFe Agile frameworks and Waterfall product design is a plus.
- Interpersonal Cooperation. Ability to work with product managers and clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients. Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism, and incorporate this input in multiple design iterations. Ability to work within our current design framework while helping to make iterative improvements to strengthen our applications over time.
- Professional Development. Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently. Strong time-management skills. Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design. Be passionate about all things UI and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies. A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Strong understanding of user-centered design, methodologies (user-testing, card sorting, journey mapping, persona creation).
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Trimble’s Agricultural Division is responsible for creating industry leading precision ag. technologies that help farmers connect their entire operations by leveraging in-field vehicle guidance and application control display systems and connecting them to powerful back-office data management software. Leveraging an ecosystem of: in-vehicle, mobile, and web technologies in order for the global farming community to make data-driven decisions, in near real time, driving increased productivity, profitability, and environmental sustainability for their operations. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D