Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is recruiting for a Cloud Compute Engineer to fill an opportunity in Wellington, New Zealand.
Join the Computational Design Group (part of Trimble Buildings) in beautiful Wellington, New Zealand. Have you done a few rounds of developing web applications and architecting cloud solutions, but seeking a next level challenge? Help us build our one-of-a-kind, high-availability, cloud compute solution that involves intricate state. Become a core member of the team, and work on an ambitious project that is poised to transform manufacturing & construction and reach millions of users.
- Co-architect and develop our high-availability cloud compute stack, including handling intricate state. Maintain, and deploy our stack on AWS, as well as assist in releasing the applications that use it.
- Develop, maintain and uphold our continuous development & integration practices and solutions.
- At least 5+ years of scaling stateful web applications and/or compute on AWS
- Excellent visual and verbal communicator
- Have experience in DevOps practices and technologies
- Experience in Agile development; as a Scrum master or coordination
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent
- Cross-platform, multi-language development
- Linux knowledge
- nginx, ALBs, elasticache
- Docker, Fargate/Kubernetes
- C#, .NET Core
- WebSockets, RPC, REST
- C++, Python
- Security and auth
- Bamboo, Artifactory
- Modern web frameworks and technologies (node.js, Electron, WebPack ...)
- 3D graphics
- Math proficiency
- Computational design
- Architecture and construction domain
- Functional programming
Note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a New Zealand citizen, you must have the right of permanent residence or a work permit.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability.
From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.