SketchUp is the most widely-used 3D modelling tool in the world. It’s used by all sorts of people, including building architects. Sefaira is part of the SketchUp group, and provides the most widely-used tools to help teams design buildings which use less energy, produce less CO2, are more comfortable to be in and which make great use of natural daylight.
This is not your average website project! Sefaira makes use of a host of microservices as well as leveraging thermodynamic and daylight simulation engines to deliver our building performance analysis. It’s a highly mathematical domain, with a lot of fun and interesting technical problems to overcome.
Our team is dedicated to building an excellent solution leveraging the FP paradigm, SaaS and cloud-based architectures. If you’re smart, motivated, a lifelong learner and have a great team attitude, then our team will be a great place for you!
Sefaira is now growing our London team as we seek to reach even more customers.
Title: Senior Scala developer
Location: Holborn, London, UK
We are looking for a senior scala developer to join us as a permanent developer in our London offices.
We offer a competitive salary, a great benefit package and good work/life balance.
- Design and implement backend services
- Collaborate in a culture that promotes passion in technology and constant learning
- Strong Scala experience
- experience in functional programming
- experience with Mongo and/or other NoSql document stores
- *nix systems experience
- strong experience in building REST (Json) web services
- strong experience in OO programming
- good understanding of algorithms and their computational complexity
- strong experience in SQL (any flavours, keeping in mind we use PostgreSQL but that's not a prerequisite)
- strong experience in code quality control by unit testing, integration testing and CI
- experience with message brokers (RabbitMq, Kafka, …)
- experience with AWS
- degree in Computer Science
- working in Agile teams
- mentoring experience
- experience in 3d maths
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D