Powder coating is a type of coating that is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder.The coating is typically applied electrostatically and is then cured under heat to allow it to flow and form a "skin". It is usually used to create a hard finish that is tougher than conventional paint. Powder coating is mainly used for coating of metals, such as, aluminium die casted parts, extrusions, other aluminium parts.
The main task in this position is to Powder coat a wide range of metal and Aluminum parts what the company manufactures to fulfill its customer needs.
- Electrostatic powder coating of products in a spray booth or on a conveyor line according to specification.
- Demonstrating good ability to spray a powder to the correct thickness range.
- Having the versatility to spray to a good standard a range of products from aluminum extrusions, large flat surfaces, complex profiles and overcoat rejected powder coated parts.
- Taking part in trainings dealing with/in connection with new professional demands.
Employee’s Duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation of products prior to powder coating.
- Using industrial powder coating ovens to cure powder coated products.
- Packing of completed powder coated products ready dispatch.
- Cleaning of the electrostatic spray guns and spray booths correctly.
- Maintenance of the spray gun parts and booths according to instruction.
- General Housekeeping –cleaning & keeping your work area tidy including basic maintenance of machines/tools.
- Ensuring Health & Safety procedures are followed and to maintain all quality systems in order to meet your production targets.
- To work additional hours over and above your normal working hours in order to achieve production targets.
- Follow the company standard operating procedures Take part in all Company training programs and team briefing sessions.
- From time to time participate in all other aspects of work related to the Company as reasonably as can be expected.