As a key component of Trimble’s Architecture & Design division, SketchUp is one of the most popular 3D modeling and design tools in the world. Today, hundreds of thousands of architects, engineers, contractors, woodworkers, artists, and other creatives use SketchUp Pro, LayOut and the 3D Warehouse to design transit centers, treehouses and everything in between.
We are looking for a Front-End Developer who is well rounded in modern web development, an eye for design and experience with backend development of CMS such as Drupal.
As Front-End Developer you’ll join a small team of marketers, creative strategists, content developers, and designers working across several sites and platforms. You’ll work primarily with SketchUp’s marketing team while also supporting global opportunities as part of Trimble’s Creative Strategy group. This position is based in Boulder, Colorado and reports to the Web Engineering Manager for the Integrated Marketing Solutions group within Trimble.
- Produce high quality websites and other digital media assets: emails, display ads, and landing pages.
- Collaborate with team members to develop creative solutions and actionable plans that serve tangible business needs.
- Work with our team and our clients to deliver beautiful, inspired websites and webapps.
- Keep your pulse on developments/trends/concepts within your field, and share your knowledge with the greater team.
- Develop relationships with other Project stakeholders to act as a resource for creative problem solving.
- Help our business understand and test how users interact with our digital properties.
- A skilled developer with a Bachelor's (or more) in CompSci/WebDev/Multimedia or related field
- Proven team player with 3+ years in Web Development or similar
- Familiar with Git, NPM, and modern build processes
- A lover of building interactive web experiences that impress
- Well-versed in Responsive Web Design, UI/UX best practices and wireframing. A working knowledge of live prototyping tools.
- Committed to getting things right. Experience in testing from a QA technical sense and user A/B sense.
- A multi-faceted person who craves diversity in his/her work; and a professional with a strong ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- An excellent communicator, capable of presenting your ideas to a team
- An openness to (and willingness to provide) constructive criticism, and a critical eye for one’s own work.
In addition to a resume, please submit a web link or PDF portfolio of recent work that you have produced in previous roles (or for personal interest). We’re especially interested in original websites that establishes your level of proficiency. Cover letters are optional, but we’d love to hear why you’re interested in this position.
As part of Trimble’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This may involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, and education verification (if applicable).
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D