Title: Senior Design Engineer - Sensors
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Department: Trimble Agriculture, Field Solutions
As a senior design engineer, you will be responsible for architecture definition, generation of schematics and product development of next-generation high-quality agricultural sensors. Requirements include experience designing and developing sensors from concept through production-ready for multiple products using a mix of discrete components and integrated circuits. A strong understanding of transmitter and receiver subsystem design and a deep understanding of the tradeoffs at both the design and system levels to achieve products that meet specifications over harsh environment conditions. A demonstrated ability to apply advanced technical principles, theories and concepts and enjoys teaching and mentoring junior people in a positive/respectful environment. Requires a BSEE (MSEE preferred).
- Experience in high-speed circuit simulation, design, and test.
- Experience with signal integrity/power integrity/high-frequency design.
- Experience with power LEDs, photodiodes, trans-impedance amplifiers, signal conditioning, op-amps, ADCs, and DACs.
- Experience with Spice.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- BSEE/MS degree with 8+ years in electrical, optical, or physical engineering.
- Knowledge of optics, spectrometers, and optical testing is desirable.
- Experience in PCB layout is desirable.
- Impedance matching/transmission line experience is a plus.
- Design and development of LED and modulator drive, optical receive electronics, and control electronics.
- High-speed test and control board development, including schematic design, layout, build, bring up, and verification.
- Low noise / low crosstalk electronic design and troubleshooting, system-level optimization of electronic noise, frequency modulation, electrical cross-talk for optimal performance.
- Hands-on calibration, characterization, and test development, software automation, and data analysis.
- Interaction with analog electronics, optics, DSP IC and FPGA IC vendors.
- Customer and FAE (field application engineering) technical support.
- Support high frequency, high current and short pulse of high-power and high-speed semiconductor LED driver circuits development.
- Test system build and calibration for LED beam quality.
- Maintain a working understanding of biophysics applied to crop and soil optical reflectance across the visible and infrared spectrum under various growing and ambient light conditions.
- Data analysis, documentation, and presentation of design and test data.
- Design and sustaining engineering responsibility for new and existing Agricultural crop sensing products.
- Identifying and validating key components that enhance product performance, quality, and cost.
- Collaborate with the Quality, Compliance, Production, and Validation groups to ensure products are correctly tested and represented.
- Participate in complex failure analysis investigations and provide guidance to the Service organization.
- Engineering test of new GNSS antennas, including elevation and azimuth pattern testing in an anechoic chamber.
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial, and transportation and logistics.
Information to Review:
The following links are recommended in order to better your understanding of Trimble, and the products available within this particular division.
Videos to Review:
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D