Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is recruiting for a Project Manager to fill an opportunity in Christchurch, New Zealand.
Joining our CTCT team, you'll steer development of core system components to an international system integration team, within an established phase gate process (T5). The Project Manager will collaborate with positioning, system engineering, software, quality and marketing to deliver core sub-system elements for inclusion in new product introductions.
- Responsible to ensure that projects meet established schedules, cost targets, and contractual objectives by effectively managing resources, team dynamics, and change control processes while providing contingency plans and problem resolutions as required.
- Develop a clear understanding of the project scope and project deliverables outlined in requirements documents and provided by project stakeholders. Ensure that the Product Specification meets these requirements and all other binding or non-binding contractual obligations.
- Develop the project schedule and budget based upon input from the project team, agreeing resource requirements with the appropriate Functional Managers.
- Directs the development of project documentation including NPVs, system diagrams, specifications, DFMEAs, Engineering Drawings, RoHS Certs, PFMEAs, Control Plans and project milestone presentations.
- Keep project milestones updated in our resource and project management software.
- Communicate regularly with senior management regarding the status of current projects.
- Proactively monitor project needs, identify project risks and put in place and execute on mitigation plans.
- Organise and run regular scheduled project meetings to identify required actions and its timely completion.
- Ensure all Manufacturing requirements are being met.
- When required steer continuous product improvement activities.
Skills & Experience Required/Preferred:
- Proven experience in Agile, backlog planning and value team facilitation.
- Technical project management experience with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently is required.
- Experience in creating project plans, estimating and milestone planning.
- Experience in proactively identifying and resolving issues early while maintaining relationships.
- Previously worked internationally with diverse cultures is preferred.
- Proven experience with routine project communications.
- Leadership qualities with high energy that demonstrates the ability to work well with diverse groups of people in a way that motivates them to achieve common objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly developed systematic, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills and a flexible approach to working in a changing environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines across multi-disciplined teams world wide.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering field preferred or equivalent.
- 6 years direct experience in an engineering environment.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in cross-functional project teams and organizations.
- A recognised certification in Project Management is highly desirable.
- Travel (including international) is less than 10%.
Note: Applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand. If you are not a New Zealand citizen, you must have the right of permanent residence or a work permit.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.