Job Title: Sewer.
Reports To: Production Supervisor.
OBJECTIVE: Industrial sewer for backpacks, bags, vests, tarps, straps and belts.
1. Assembled panels and borders per established work instructions utilizing a variety of sewing machines (e.g., double needle, single needle walking foot, programmable tackers, serger).
2. Sewing borders to panel cloth, vest fronts to backs, sleeves, collars, stuffing foam to make cushioned prism bags and backpacks.
3. Operates sewing machines using foot lever and hand control and pushes aside finished pieces.
4. Stands up and pushes aside empty cart, and returns with a full cart of pre-cut panels.
5. Performs all duties according to established safety and efficiency procedures.
6. Maintains workstation in a neat, clean and orderly fashion.
7. Performs minor maintenance on machines as needed including re-threading and replacing of needles as necessary.
8. Sorts, folds and stacks panels, plotted fabrics or foam as needed.
9. Position is highly repetitious and involves occasional moving of moderately heavy materials.
10. Report any unsafe conditions in your area to your Immediate Manager.
Skills & Experience Required:
• Basic experience and knowledge of industrial sewing and working on sewing machines such as Zig-Zag, Overlock, Single Needle, Double Needle, Programmable Tacker.
• Attention to detail and ability to produce quality work.
• Ability to follow directions and procedures.
• Able to work independently.
• Knowledge of safe use, maintenance and upkeep of commercial sewing machines.
• Reliable transportation and punctual.
• Ability to use measurement/ruler.
• Basic cutting skills.
• Able to read measurement’s.
• Sew at a fast pace with accuracy.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D