We are looking for a Technical Writer to join the Trimble Cloud team. This position is a permanent position located at Trimble's office in Westminster, Colorado.
Our team takes a cloud-first approach to deliver shared web services that are used by Trimble and Trimble partners. Our platform-as-a-service is used by hundreds of application product teams to expedite their time to market. We focus on building services used by developers that are simple, scalable, and secure.
- Create, design, organize, and maintain technical documentation for both internal and external developer audiences. This includes: REST API and SDK documentation, developer guides, and code samples.
- Become familiar with the services being documented. Understand how to communicate concepts and services to a developer customer segment.
- Develop templates and processes to standardize documentation across multiple services.
- Provide feedback on API design and usability
- Work with developers to document software development processes
- Experience using and writing documentation for REST APIs and SDKs
- Looking for 0-3 years of Technical Writing Experience
- A broad understanding of programming languages and the ability to read and write code samples in at least one language
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- The ability to understand complex technical concepts and clearly communicate them via documentation
- The desire and ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Comfortable working on multiple projects and acting in multiple roles as needed
- Ability to take ownership of projects and define work with little direction
Bonus Points for:
- A good understanding of cloud-based technology and how it works
- Experience with version control systems, like Git
- Experience creating and editing videos and images
- Experience with HTML and markdown (or the ability and desire to learn)
- Experience with Open API
With your application, please include 3 technical writing sample, preferably a sample of developer documentation.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D