Please Note ** This is a FIXED TERM CONTRACT***
Reporting to: NM Group Finance Manager
NM Group optimise the performance of electricity networks by remotely sensing and serving the position and condition of our client's assets. From mapping and presenting spatial data on an electrical network through to modelling and displaying a 3D virtual network environment we deliver value to electricity network operators.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing sales invoices based on communication from project managers and ensure all relevant items are clearly explained for client
- To gather and collect all the financial data and information, to verify whether it has been accurately entered in the system, to monitor and retrieve the financial details whenever there is a need, etc.
- Supporting Finance manager/ Project manager to ensure individual project forecasts agree to their expectations
- Maintaining confidentiality of information
- Prepare monthly financial sales and purchases reports
- Take an active role in supporting financial manager in monthly/ quarterly finance meetings and recording minutes
- Administering the finance team in all audit processes and maintain all financial and commercial documents in line with the audit requirements
- Support in raising supplier purchase orders
- Assist the finance manager and parent company with any particular task on ad-hoc basis, including credit control, and other be finance or non-finance related
- Reconciliation of all purchase orders to supplier/subcontractor invoices prior to accounts payable payments
- Dealing with general sales accounts queries from customer and suppliers.
- Assisting the project teams with financial queries and requests
- Maintaining records of all the payments made
- Sorting out contractor payment delays and chasing aged debts by resolving any disputes
Expertise is required to be demonstrated in several of the below fields:
- Previous experience in accounting would be advantageous
- Be educated to 'A' Levels standard and/or further education qualification e.g. HND/degree qualified - preferred although not essential
- Knowledge of QuickBooks finance system. Be able and willing to learn other programs as required
- Highly numerate with ability to understand calculation of financial measures and proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to manage the finance details like taxing etc. specific to the location of business
- Ability to understand the project contractual documents to extract all the financial information
- Keen desire to learn, preferably with experience in a professional services environment
- Highly organised and diligent with an eye for detail
Expected Discipline Skillset:
- A genuine interest in finance and be keen to work as part of a busy finance department
- A confident communicator, able to manage entrusted tasks and direct exposure to internal departments, senior management and external partners
- Strong eye for details, ability to identify discrepancies and should be able to provide appropriate solutions
- Proactive team player with multi-tasking ability and should have good computer skills
- Strong command of both spoken and written English
- Proven ability and confidence to self-manage, working off own initiative while within the confines of a team’s remit.
- Flexible and adaptable in both outlook and approach and able to work to meet deadlines
- In consideration of the demands of an office based role; candidates must inform NM Group of any medical or other conditions which may require additional support from NM Group to successfully discharge that role.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D