Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Westminster, CO
Department: Land Administration
Reports To: Managing Director, Americas
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come and place yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Our growing Land Administration division is part of Trimble’s global geospatial sector. We are seeking a suitably skilled Business Analyst to be based in Westminster, Denver, Colorado. Working with our team of project managers, business analysts, software developers, IT professionals and other industry experts, the primary responsibility of this role is to interact directly with our corporate and government clients in the USA and the Caribbean with sophisticated land management needs. The focus areas of the role are to document business processes and user requirements, collate GIS and Business data, Product Configuration and Delivery, User Training, and other key elements in the project lifecycle which ensures effective delivery of our Landfolio solution suite.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Trimble's Land Administration group in Vancouver, the successful candidate must be a confident individual, possess excellent communication skills, and have 3 plus years’ experience in a similar role. A willingness to travel and work onsite with clients while being a valuable contributor to our dynamic implementation team will be highly regarded. The role will suit a self-starter, with a dedicated ‘can-do’ attitude. If you’re seeking a challenge and something a little different than the regular nine to five grind, then this opportunity could be for you.
- Degree in GIS, Environmental & Geographical Geological Sciences, Urban and Regional Planning, IT or related fields
- 3 plus years of experience as a GIS Professional, Land Manager, Business Analyst
- Land management experience in the natural resource sector
- Knowledge of the Landfolio solution suite a major asset
- Understanding of GIS software and data (ArcGIS)
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Experience with SQL Server and SharePoint beneficial
- Experience with Windows servers, networking and security, Virtualized Server environments, and Cloud Server infrastructure management an asset
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be willing and eager to travel
- Excellent command of English (written and verbal)
- Working knowledge of Spanish would be advantageous
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modelling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor.