We’re looking for passionate software engineers at all levels of experience, from college graduates to senior-level professional. Trimble MAPS is an established leader, providing software solutions for the transportation and logistics needs of our customers. Our engineers directly shape our future and have the opportunity to influence products from day one.
This role is important because we are building the next generation of products across all major mobile and desktop platforms while also maintaining our existing revenue-generating products already in the field. We need more talented and versatile developers to help solve a range of interesting problems.
Software Engineers at Trimble MAPS are responsible for designing, implementing, testing, and maintaining our products. This specific position requires work in a few potential areas, including initiatives related to improving the quality of our map data, supporting existing products in the field, and implementing new product features. Most importantly, this position requires a strong coder and persistent problem solver, who desires to: 1) take pride in overall product and code quality, 2) solve challenging problems individually, 3) learn new skills as the need arises, and 4) help automate testing for new and existing features.
- BS in Computer Science, or similar degree
- Excellent coding, debugging, and problem solving skills
- Professional or academic experience coding in C++, C#, or Python
- Experience using object oriented concepts in any programming language
- Experience using complex data structures and algorithms to solve problems
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Understanding of multi-threaded application design and implementation
- Desire to automate unit and integration testing
- Basic understanding of web services and HTTP is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Trimble MAPS is located on Route 1 in Princeton, NJ in a new office beautifully designed to support our recent and expected future growth. Princeton is conveniently located between New York City and Philadelphia.
Trimble MAPS offers great benefits such as a generous PTO package, paid healthcare, 401K, stock options, ESPP, education reimbursement, and many wellness initiatives. We also offer flexible schedules, casual dress, volunteer opportunities, child care discounts, and a corporate women’s network.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D