Job Summary - Senior Software Engineer - Java-MicroServices
Trimble is looking for a Lead Software Engineer for their Core Product Development team in Chennai. In this role, you will be involved in Architect, Design & Development of solution based on Java, MicroServices based technologies, and will also work on enhancing and adding new features to the various software products developed by Trimble Transport & Logistics - EU.
Measures of Success:
- Contribute in Architecture decision
- Implement the solution and co-ordinate with the feature development team
- You participate in the complete product development cycle starting from analysis, architecture, design, coding, unit integration and system testing of software
- You provide ongoing sustaining support to the product, addressing end to end feature enhancements.
- You review and work with others (Product Management, Technical Architects, Development Engineers, Software Development Manager) to confirm and track feature requirements through to delivery.
- You are member of an agile development team, we are working with scrum methodology.
- You are a member of an agile development team, perform scrum master role and participate in the planning and execution of work items.
- You communicate about the work you are doing and the obstacles you encounter.
- You appreciate assistance from others when needed, but are also willing to provide it back to them.
- You report to the Software Development Manager
Target Capabilities and Skills:
- 3.6-5 years of total experience
- Strong coding skills in Java
- Experience in transformation of existing monolithic to microservice architecture
- Experience in end to end architecture of designing a data pipeline
- J2EE Framework, (EJB, JMS) WebServices (SOAP & REST)
- Experience with AWS technologies (Kenesis, Kafka, Lambda, EMR, ...) is a plus
- Strong SQL knowledge
- Experience in NoSQL technologies is a plus
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Passion and willingness to learn new technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter, Ability to work well in a small team with good communication skills.
- You are a strong team player but are able to work independently
- You are dedicated to delivering high quality and performant solutions
- You are eager to learn new things, you take ownership and want to get things done
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.