Title: Android Software Engineer
Location: Westminster, CO
Department: Trimble Agriculture Business Solutions (TABS)
Trimble Agriculture provides solutions that solve complex technology challenges across the entire agricultural supply chain. The solutions enable farmers and advisors to allocate scarce resources to produce a safe, reliable food supply in a profitable and environmentally sustainable manner. Covering all seasons, crops, terrains and farm sizes, Trimble precision agriculture solutions can be used on most equipment on the farm, regardless of manufacturer. Driving efficiency and profitability in the field, we offer field solutions for vehicle and implement guidance and steering; flow and application control; irrigation, drainage, and land leveling; harvest and yield monitoring; and a broad suite of correction services to meet your accuracy needs.
Our Trimble Ag Software provides farmers with tools that support better management decisions and drive profitability. Tracking field records, implementing precision ag practices and measuring ROI becomes simple and efficient, thanks to our ecosystem of applications.
- Develop applications for our Trimble Android displays to support near and long term requirements working with our API engineers
- Develop prototype applications to allow for quick evaluation of conceptual designs
- Work with UI/UX teams to define user interface that complies with corporate guidelines
- Work with automation engineers to develop a continuous integration strategy
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum of 3 years' recent hands-on experience with Android application development
- Experience with Xamarin
- Experience with writing unit test patterns and practices
- Experience with Java
- Experience using code repositories (TFS, SVN, or Git) and their accompanying tools/integration
- Experience using RESTful APIs.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in a strong-matrix organization environment
Preferred / Nice-to-Have Skills & Experience
- User Experience Design
- Experience with .NET framework
- Experience with automated software build and deployment processes (Bamboo).
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial, and transportation and logistics.
Information to Review:
The following links are recommended in order to better your understanding of Trimble, and the products available within this particular division.
Videos to Review:
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D