The Senior Accountant position is primarily responsible for general ledger accuracy supporting the month end close activities. This position interfaces heavily with the accounting, reporting and business unit finance functions.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations for deferred revenue, deferred COGS and
- other key balance sheet accounts
- Perform accounting and expenditure analyses and explain variances to budget
- Assist with the budget/forecasting process.
- Prepare and upload journal entries as needed
- Prepare supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Conform with and abide by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures
- Assist with internal or external audits
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned
- Key Organizational Interfaces
- Cost Accounting
- Corporate Accounting
- Business Area Controllers
Characteristics / Skills
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, and the Google platform
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of
Education / Experience
- Minimum, Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in the accounting field
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics. Trimble MEP is part of the Trimble Buildings division.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor.