Trimble is recruiting for a Product Manager to fill an opportunity in Leuven, Belgium.
The Product Manager (PM) will focus on the telematics solutions of Trimble Transport & Logistics. Our solutions consist of on board telematics units that communicate with a back end solution. Our software solutions are cloud-based.
He/She will be responsible for:
Conduct market, customer and internal (segment marketers) research to gather insights
- Gather competitive intelligence and perform competitive analysis
- Define product strategies.
- Define product requirements user stories.
- Provide direction to the software development team and monitor development
- Create, document and communicate about software roadmap in coordination with the different Trimble divisions.
- Create pricing models and facilitate pricing decisions
As product manager you will report to the GM of Trimble T&L.
Measures of Success
- Contributes to and performs market analyses that identify all relevant current and future market elements that will determine product success. The analyses should be complete and integral and will typically include elements such as competitive product positioning in the market place; competitor strategies; sources of differentiation; distribution channel structure, competitive manufacturing cost comparisons; market segmentation; branding strategies, etc.
- Contributes to the creation of a product business plan that based on the market analysis, defines the multi-generation market requirements for the product. This includes factors such as product features, frequent customer visits, product positioning, promotion, distribution and support as well as the market share, revenue and financial targets.
- Creates and owns detailed product definition after project approval.
- Initiates and facilitates the refinement of definition and User Requirement Documents with development and application engineers.
- Participates as a member in the product development team and ensures that the product development output remains consistent with the product objectives.
- Coordinates the development of the documentation needed internationally for the success of the product. Documentation may include manuals, brochures, advertising, etc.
- Ensures that the support for the product is in place at the time the product is released and monitors the support to ensure that it remains consistent with the objectives of the business plan.
- Conducts training for the sales force to ensure that the sales people are fully capable of selling the product based on features superiority and differentiation as well as other factors identified in the business plan.
- Monitors product results in detail and ensures that the organization is aware of any performance shortfalls against business plan objectives and takes action, as directed.
- Participates in industry trade association events, technical working groups, seminars, etc.
- Contributes, presents, and/or sells the business plan to management for project approval.
- Establishes product pricing strategy based on competitive product features, support, pricing, and other factors related to the overall competitive position of the market.
- Develops and coordinates the tactical product education of the sales force to ensure that the sales people are fully capable of selling the product based on features superiority and differentiation as well as other factors identified in the business plan. At the senior level, develops the strategy for the product education of the sales force to ensure that the sales people are fully capable of selling the product based on features superiority and differentiation as well as other factors identified in the business plan
- Monitors product results in detail and takes overall responsibility for ensuring that the organization is taking corrective action, if necessary due to shortfalls in performance against business plan objectives. Some of the items to be monitored include bookings, sales, market share, product performance, reliability and gross margin.
- Ensures that Trimble is represented in industry trade associations, technical working groups, seminars, etc.
- Prepares 12-month rolling forecast for MRP based on forecast inputs from the sales organization and knowledge of the market environment as well as planned operations.
Skills & Experience Required
- Proven working experience in product management
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred