Title: IS Desktop Support Technician
Location: Maynard, MA
Department: Corporate IT
The Desktop Support Technician is a key player on the front lines of Trimble Corporate IT. This high profile position is perfect for someone looking to leverage their expertise in being the face of the IT department.
Not only will you provide help desk support services, you are also at the front line of our department and maintain the image and credibility of the department as a whole. Critical core competencies for this position are customer service, professionalism, communication, and strong technical skills.
The focus for this position is on service desk support, ticket queue coordination, process ownership, and inventory control and project participation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support end users with desktop support and deployment of hardware and software.
- Display a high-level of customer service and professionalism.
- Resolve issues individually or in conjunction with other IT staff and resources in a timely and effective manner.
- Communicate with peers, other IT staff, IT management, business group managers, and other employees in support of end users and the corporate IT infrastructure.
- Demonstrate and utilize exceptional troubleshooting skills relating to all hardware used in support of Trimble’s computer user community, with a specific focus on Dell, Apple, and various mobile phones and tablets.
- Performs miscellaneous other duties as assigned.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately in English.
- Demonstrates an ability to document and verbally communicate processes in English.
- Handles confidential and sensitive information and records with a high degree of discretion, diligence and good judgment.
- Strong customer service orientation and commitment to insuring timely, quality solutions to internal customer issues.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and communicate them clearly to individuals with varied backgrounds and skill levels.
- Effectively develops and uses a systematic approach to analyze and solve problems. Acts proactively to anticipate risk and seeks to mitigate them before they occur.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Good organizational skills and a self-directed team player. Remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills. Listens effectively, transmits information accurately and understandably, and actively seeks feedback. Effectively presents and explains information to various group sizes and levels of knowledge.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Demonstrates professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, customers, vendors and others.
- Consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency with Microsoft’s Active Directory, WDS, DHCP, DNS, good understanding of network concepts, and PowerShell scripting.
- Proven research and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency working with desktops including Dell Laptops, Macs, Android tablets, iOS devices, Windows 10, G Suite, O365, etc.
- Experience Troubleshooting Windows 10/Mac/Linux
- Experience supporting executive staff.
- Undergraduate degree in IT
- Certifications such as A+, MCSA, MCDST
- PowerShell scripting ability
- ITIL Certification
Work takes place in an office setting. High stress levels may occur. Some lifting up to 30 pounds may be required. Nature of job may require considerable walking, as well as exposure to electricity and electronic equipment. The ability to sit and work at a keyboard for and communicate with team members by phone, computer, and video teleconferencing is required.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified
applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status,
disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local
laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D