Title: Product Manager
Location: Redding, CA
Reports to: Business Area Director
Trimble is seeking an innovative and customer focused Product Manager in the Civil Engineering & Construction division to fill an opportunity in Redding, CA as part of the SECO brand.
SECO Manufacturing Co. is Trimble’s flagship accessories brand with a worldwide reputation for designing and manufacturing cutting edge tools and accessories for surveying, construction, utilities and other industries that use GPS/GNSS technology. SECO is based in Redding, CA, with facilities in Tecate, CA, Mexico and Hungary.
Redding, CA is situated in an area well known for outdoor recreation including hiking, biking, boating, fishing, and snow sports. We are surrounded by National Parks, the second-largest reservoir in CA, and plenty of mountains, lakes and streams. Our area offers a nice balance of small city life nestled in a rural recreational setting.
- Stay centered on a clear definition of our customers and their needs and use this to guide product and market decisions.
- Maximize the success of each product by defining and driving market strategies that deliver the highest possible revenue/profitability, both inside and outside of Trimble.
- Lead market analyses such as competitive product positioning; market sizing; market saturation; competitor strategies; sources of differentiation; distribution channel structure; market segmentation, etc.
- Provide strong technical expertise and leadership to an international team located in the United States, Mexico and Hungary.
- Define product requirements, features and success criteria; market impacts and the go-to-market timeline.
- Serve as a subject matter expert to fellow Trimble brands on current and future product portfolios.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure product and market decisions align with the company’s strategic and operational goals and that stakeholder needs are prioritized appropriately.
- Establish a Voice of the Customer strategy and implementation plan.
- Drive and influence product pricing, packaging, messaging and develop related materials such as sales enablement playbooks and marketing materials.
- Monitor product success metrics and regularly inform key stakeholders of results; take appropriate actions if products are underperforming.
- Participate in industry trade association events, technical working groups, seminars, etc.
- Contribute to the annual Long Range Plan by writing and presenting product and market data for management review and approval.
Required Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate thrives in ambiguity, is a change agent and enjoys driving innovation.
- You lead from the front to rally the organization around the success of our products.
- You have egoless confidence: you confidently share the state of our products and the planned future while being open to ideas, objections and changing reality.
- You are clear and concise: clarity is (almost) everything. You can synthesize information from multiple sources into clear and clean ideas, messages and directives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent education and experience required.
- 8+ years of experience in product management, product marketing or project marketing.
- Experience using CRM for reports and dashboards (Salesforce.com is preferred).
- Experience in Civil Engineering and/or Construction industries is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in bringing new products to market.
- Ability to travel 10-25% both internationally and domestically.
- Strong research capabilities with curiosity and creativity to identify and integrate new information into compelling, actionable strategies.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D