Title: UI/UX Front End Developer
Location: San Diego, CA
Department: Trimble Buildings MEP
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
The software engineer is responsible for working with the project teams (performing the marketing, applications, testing, and in some cases, manufacturing functions) to establish product requirements and develop fully tested software to meet established requirements. Success in this position involves working effectively with the application domain experts, working within the established process framework, and demonstrating a set of fundamental software engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and the quality of products developed.
Measures of Success:
- Performs software engineering within the process framework established for the project. This framework will describe how requirements are developed and analyzed, how changes are made to requirements, how engineering work will be planned and tracked, how testing will be performed, and the criteria by which the performance of the project will be measured. Contributes to the continuous improvement of these processes.
- Works with the project team, with the application domain experts (e.g., application engineers, technical marketing) and possibly with the customers, to establish achievable requirements.
- Works with the project team to identify/clarify project goals, establish useful milestones, and develop a breakdown of the engineering tasks to be performed. During the development process, develops engineering effort/schedule estimates to support overall project scheduling, project tracking, and change control decisions
- Creates software designs, and implements and tests those designs to meet established requirements
- Participates in technical/design reviews as required by the project framework
- Maintains and archives design documents, source code, and other work products necessary for the project
- As necessary, works independently or with quality assurance personnel to plan and execute product testing
- As necessary, performs or enables the ongoing support of software through the creation of design documentation or the performance of defect isolation and resolution
- Works with the author of product documentation to assist in the development and review of product documentation
- As necessary, provides engineering work products and documentation to manufacturing and document control as necessary for successful product release
- Other duties as required and requested by management
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, and 4+ years of experience
- Typescript, Angular, ServiceStack, SCSS / CSS
- C#, .NET Core, .NET Framework
- SQL Server query design
Trimble Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D