Job Title: Salesforce Business Systems Analyst
Location: Westminster, Colorado or Dayton Ohio
Department: IS – Information Services
Reports To: Business Systems Director
The Salesforce Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will be responsible for implementing projects in Salesforce and related application lifecycle enhancements for Lead to Quote and Pricing.
- Work very closely with Sales Operations, Sales Leadership, and our Billing team to understand business requirements for systemic changes and then the creation of functional business requirements, process flow diagrams, and business cases.
- Subject Matter expert for quoting tools (SteelBrick/Apttus).
- Lead workshops to gather, analyze, and document functional/technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions.
- Create/execute unit, integration, and user acceptance test plans, including use cases and test data.
- Create, manage, and perform system testing activities for projects and upgrades.
- Perform application and process-specific training activities to educate technical and non-technical users of the solutions you configure and support.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS or a relevant technical or business field.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in implementing Salesforce.
- CPQ experience is required (SteelBrick and/or Apttus).
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst working with sales processes such as quoting and Opportunity management.
- Minimum 3 years of experience preparing as-is process documentation, to-be process documentation, and performing detailed gap analysis.
- Experienced with creating business process models and using them to describe business requirements.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and related processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively and without direct reporting supervision; must be a team player.
- Able to learn new technology quickly, become the expert and teach others.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with both technical and business staff.
- Excellent written, speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to interface with highly technical resources, both on-shore, and off-shore.
- Strong independent analysis skills and ability to dig into challenges, identify solutions and share critical thinking.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills and enjoy a good challenge.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D