Trimble is recruiting for a Technical Writer to fill an opportunity in Victor, NY.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
The technical writer will assist the Trimble Water team in producing, developing and writing quality documentation for the Trimble Water Product portfolio that provides solutions to our customers in the Water and Wastewater markets in the North American market. This specific role will be focused on producing, developing and writing quality documentation on the product portfolio. This role might also include the production of videos.
It is not essential to have completed a “Technical Writer” style qualification. The core competency will be to capture the information/date/requirements, carefully assemble into the appropriate media format and then host review sessions with key personnel to revise as appropriate.
The role will be a temporary role and would be idea for a candidate that is looking for employment for the summer period within the Victor vicinity. Candidates with the following skills will be appraised.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Typical tasks of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Design and Development of “Quick Starter Guides”.
- Design and development of “User Guides” and “How to Guides”.
- Design and development of “Fact and Questions” (FAQs).
- Potential design and development of Videos that can be posted internally and onto the Trimble Water “YouTube” channel.
- Liaise with Product, Engineering and Professional Services to develop the above.
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills and experience that would include the following:
- A qualification that has ensured a proven ability to extract data, analysis, repackage and represent.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A self starter with good analytical skills capable of working independently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and multi-task efficiently
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Google Docs or similar tools while experience with Adobe Suite (InDesign and Photoshop) would be an advantage.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D