Trimble is recruiting a Senior R&D Engineer for Automotive GNSS positioning to fill an opportunity in Munich, Germany.
The person will be responsible for developing and implementing new algorithms for our GNSS navigation solutions targeting automotive applications. The person will be working effectively in the development team with other experts, and demonstrating a set of fundamental software engineering skills that result in predictability in engineering, scheduling and the quality of products developed. The person will join the Trimble development team in Höhenkirchen/Munich, Germany. Höhenkirchen is Trimble’s center of excellence for GNSS precise positioning.
- The candidate will be responsible for the development of a robust and reliable positioning solution of automobiles using GNSS with the end goal to provide a positioning solution for autonomous driving.
- Taking a leading role in the development team.
- Working in an international team and cooperating with people across the world.
- Creating market leading positioning engines for absolute positioning with the Trimble RTX correction service
- You will develop and integrate positioning technologies into various real-time systems.
- You will optimize the usage of Trimble RTX corrections in autonomy applications.
- You will work with our customers, GNSS chipset manufacturers, system integrators and Tier1 providers to the OEM industry.
- You will write, edit, and revise detailed technical design documents to accurately describe the technical details of the components to be developed
- You will explain and document major design decisions and their rationales to technical and non-technical audiences
Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent English language proficiency
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent experience in C++ development ideally of software with real-time requirements
- Experience in precise GNSS positioning using carrier phase measurements in combination with ambiguity resolution.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a development team with minimal supervision in a fast-paced development environment with changing priorities
- University degree (MSc or PhD) in the area of GNSS positioning, Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- 3+ years of experience in C++ software development in the industry or at the university
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity, and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability.