Trimble Ag, a leader in the Precision Agriculture technology industry is looking for a CNHi Sales Engineer. This position will give the opportunity for travel and exposure to new professional relationships in the Ag industry. This position has a specific focus on the commercialization of Trimble Agriculture products as a member of the Trimble Agriculture North America sales team. This role will provide a technical sales focus while reporting to the NA CNHi Sales Manager and will be an instrumental team member to ensure that strategic sales targets and objectives are achieved. This position will also provide sales and application support for pre-sales demonstrations to provide key features and benefits of the product line. While providing this to the CNHi relationship on an ongoing basis, the most important task is a continual development of a trained distributor network capable of maximizing market sales penetration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the CNHi Sales Manager to develop and implement sales plans to achieve sales targets.
- Develop and cultivate a trained distributor network capable of maximizing market penetration.
- Interface with the CNHi Sales team and dealers to increase sales.
- Produce solution-based presentations for channel awareness, education, and product updates.
- Participate in new product releases and beta cycles to ensure information and training requirements are met to support new product sales to dealers.
- Respond to, prioritize, follow-up, and resolve dealer questions/objections as per defined by the CNHi Sales Manager.
- Lead, implement and execute training for CNHi team members.
- Provide input on competitive products and activities. Evaluate marketplace potential for all served markets and customer segments.
- Portray a professional company image at all times.
- Provide in-depth pre-sales demonstrations and post-sales consultation for all versions of Trimble products and services that are currently supported.
- Provide outstanding quality pre-sale support with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical expertise, and thorough and timely response to Resellers.
- Provide a same-day response for CNHi calls and emails.
- Record and document all calls, emails, and dealer contacts in SalesForce.
- Provide Trimble product training to new CNHi sales and support team members.
- Acquire, maintain, and expand knowledge of relevant Trimble AG solution offerings.
- Adhere to Trimble Support Center and CNHi Practices and guidelines.
- Agricultural Domain Knowledge / Infield application practices.
- Strong aptitude in grower farming techniques with demonstrated technical capability. Hands-on individual.
- Mechanical and educational aptitude to improve the understanding, application, and operation of agricultural products and vehicle types.
- Good listener to diverse audiences.
- Public Speaking - Dealer and End User presentations.
- Sense of urgency and drive, highly motivated.
- Experience in handling difficult or sensitive situations.
- Positive team participation skills.
- Possesses strong communication skills being able to communicate effectively via printed material, on the telephone, and over electronic mediums.
- A team player who is solution driven with the ability to multitask effectively.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on customer needs and technical knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks.
- 60% travel within the US and Canada.
Skills and Experience required:
- AS Degree in Agricultural Engineering - other degrees considered
- Knowledge of served markets and industries – Must have agriculture industry experience
- Heavy Equipment operation - preferably agricultural equipment
- 2-4 years of Ag Related work experience
CNHi Sales Engineer Quarterly Objectives:
- Lead & participate in the dealer trainings that the CNHi sales team sets up.
- Make monthly phone contact with each CNHi PFS.
- Produce a monthly email to the sales team that provides product updates, support bulletins, known issues, sales tools, technical tips, & available resources.
- Host 1 webinar sales-focused training each quarter for the CNHi sales team.
- Host 1 webinar technical training each quarter for the CNHi technical support team & training team.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D