Since our founding in 1983, TMW Systems has become the nation’s leading developer of enterprise software for transportation service companies and logistics operations. From our offices in seven cities across the US and Canada, we enhance vital supply chains in North America that connect manufacturing, raw material, agriculture, oil & energy, retail, wholesale, food & beverage, distribution businesses and mobile service providers with higher efficiency, greater visibility and improved responsiveness. Our expanding product range covers operations, dispatch, finance, business intelligence, process optimization, routing and scheduling, asset maintenance and a variety of cloud-based applications and services. We serve over 3,000 distinct customers in commercial and private transportation sectors, from trucking and distribution to 3PLs, construction fleets, municipal and waste management fleets, plus fuel & energy. Our most valued business asset continues to be our Associates--high-performing professionals with exceptional capability, creativity and ingenuity. Our people demonstrate strong dedication to their own success and that of TMW Systems, Inc.
Manager of Software Development - Assists and guides in effort to move from reactionary to proactive (trouble-shooting environment to problem prevention). Enable tighter business/IT alignment, better-quality decisions, and the successful implementation of an enterprise architecture. Assists in business strategy and process engineering. Responsible for solution options, trade-offs, design and implementation. Responsible for application integration. Responsible for review and implementation of third party solutions or tools. Responsible for standards definition and review. Assist in team building/managing and ensuring achievement of team goals.
- Alignment of IT strategy and planning with company's business goals
- Optimization of information management approaches through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities
- Long-term strategic responsibility for the company's IT systems
- Promotion of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies
Management of the risks associated with information and IT assets through appropriate standards and security policies
Direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise
- Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise
- Manage the development process to get optimal design output and manage changes to the design coming through review processes This includes reviewing and signing off on the conformity of the designed software to the functional specifications
- Work with documentation and training teams on use of delivered software (ie documentation needs, business benefit, how to install, how to train, etc)
- Work with QA department as needed in developing testing scenarios and document/communicate any special testing requirements on individual projects
- Communicate through different forums product changes internally and externally (customers)
- Responsible for overseeing and leading work systems, procedures, and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of its people and other resources within the team.
- Coach, mentor, and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
- Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
· Minimum of BS degree in associated field of studies
· 6+ years in a related field such as System Architect, Systems Analysis, Computer Engineering, Senior Programmer, Programmer Team lead
· Innovative Computing Corporation software experience preferred
· Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally
· Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills
· Must be detail oriented, organized, and have the ability to multi-task
· Ability to demonstrate supportive relationships with peers, clients, partners, and corporate executives
· Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high pressure situations
· Ability to retain and protect confidential material
· Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Other duties as required
· Constant and close visual work at desk or computer
· Constant sitting and working at desk
· Frequent verbal and written communication with team and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person
· Frequent lifting of folders, files, binders and other objects weighing up to 20 lbs.
· Frequent opening and closing of heavy file drawers
· Occasional bending and stooping to pick up boxes and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
· Frequent walking and standing
· Occasional driving of automobiles
Travel Required: 25%
TMW Systems is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic.
TMW Systems Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of TMW via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of TMW. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by TMW as a result of the referral or through other means.