Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble is recruiting for a Survey Application Engineer to fill an opportunity in Westminster, Colorado.
The Survey Application Engineer applies real-world surveying experience to the design and quality assessment of Trimble Business Center, the premier office solution for the geomatics industry. This professional helps define user needs and refine market requirements, assists in designing innovative solutions, advises development team members on best survey practices and approaches, and helps ensure successful ongoing product releases that provide the highest quality for our product.
From optimizing the user experience for advanced workflows, to gathering data with cutting-edge state-of-the-art equipment, to coordinating evaluation efforts across multiple Trimble sites around the world, the Survey Application Engineer is a key contributor to the start-to-finish hardware-software integration process.
- Provides industry expertise to guide product development
- Identifies and designs workflows to provide the best user experience
- Ensures highest quality of the software solution to maintain customer satisfaction
- Visits clients and works with beta users to stay connected to our base
- Gathers data to test our new features and workflows
- Plans QA effort to deliver the best application within deadlines
- Mentors QA and software development members to increase team awareness about the challenges of the industry
- Builds productive relationship with other QA groups to leverage Trimble-wide centers of expertise
Skills and Requirements:
- Exceptional core geomatics background, from optical, to GNSS, GIS, cadastral, and Mapping
- Extensive experience on the field and in the office
- Experience with 3D scanning, photogrammetry, or mobile mapping are strong pluses
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous and organized
- Autonomous & team player
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D