Our MEP VDC team is a cutting edge group of individuals with both exceptional software and trade knowledge, we work with a diverse body of customers to assist them in constructing new and impressive projects all over the world. It is our vision to partner with each of our clients to provide them the most effective workflow for their business from Virtual Design Construction to Prefabrication. Our organization utilizes a variety of distinctive software, including software that Trimble owns and develops. Our team also has the opportunity to work with other internal Trimble groups to test software and give valuable feedback for continued development.
Trimble is looking for an Electrical Detailing Technician to join our MEP Virtual Design Construction team. In this role, you will be detailing and coordinating the electrical systems within commercial projects. You will be working directly with a Senior Detailer assigned to the project to assist with project execution and effective communication as well as building trusted relationships with others among the team. You will be responsible for ensuring all work meets the project specifications, code and customer requirements, in addition to identifying design and/or coordination concerns with the team as well as providing cost-effective solutions. You will drive the coordination process by reaching out to other subcontractors for effective conflict resolution as well as being actively involved in coordination meetings. The position is in Westminster, Co.
- Electrical 3D design, coordination, shop drawings and detailing using Revit, Trimble Field Points and/or Trimble SysQue software
- Review construction documents, specifications and submittals for implementation into the project
- Create detailed electrical coordination drawings with other trades that comply with the local and international codes
- Identify conflicts with the architectural, structural and other MEP trades and present well thought out and cost-effective solutions,
- Generate, document and communicate RFI’s to Senior Detailers or Project Management
- Coordination work using Navisworks Manage including utilizing clash detective and viewpoints to identify conflicts within the model for resolution
- Effectively communicate with Senior Detailing Technicians and Project Managers and other team members during the coordination & construction process
- Participate in coordination and other project-related meetings
- Produce coordinated shop drawings for fabrication and field installation
- Produce spool drawings that are clearly labeled and accurately dimensioned for pre-fabrication purposes.
- 3D CAD and BIM research and troubleshooting
- Positive attitude and professional customer service skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Hard-working, self-motivated, professional demeanor and conduct
- Must be highly organized and able to plan & multitask
- Commitment to detail, deadlines and goal-oriented.
- Possession of analytical problem-solving abilities
- An innovative mindset to initiate continuous improvement
- Electrical experience on commercial or industrial projects required
- Proficient in two or more of the following Revit, Navisworks Manage, Trimble Field Points, or Trimble SysQue
- Experience in prefabrication detailing and design preferred
- Nominal, occasion for training
- Solid understanding of the construction industry and processes
- Work experience as part of a team providing BIM/VDC phase services.
- Knowledge of structural and MEP trades shop drawings, common field problems and how to resolve them
Education and Experience Requirements
- 1-3 years previous commercial construction experience or 1-3 years of service in BIM department for an MEP commercial contractor required
- Field experience in any of the MEP trades on commercial or industrial projects is preferred, but not required
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.
Trimble Navigation Limited is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D