SketchUp is one of the most popular 3D modeling and design tools in the world. Today, hundreds of thousands of architects, engineers, contractors, woodworkers, artists, and other creatives use SketchUp Pro, LayOut and the 3D Warehouse to design transit centers, treehouses and everything in between.
Title: License Compliance Manage
Location: Holborn, London
Department: Trimble Buildings Group - Architecture
A regional role, EMEA focused, to build and execute strategies for license compliance. This individual will be responsible for implementing measures to protect Trimble’s Architecture and Design line of products’ intellectual property rights and software copyrights by cooperatively working with our customers and/or partners to ensure contractual license compliance. The goal of this role is to assist our customers and/or partners achieve and maintain compliance.
Reporting to the EMEA Area Manager, the License Compliance Manager will work with customers, distribution partners, and compliance agencies to resolve compliance issues and ensure proper capture of license and maintenance revenue to Trimble, while preserving the overall relationship between all of these parties involved.
The License Compliance Manager will be responsible for negotiating and researching agencies and practices to employ localised activity focus regions; Turkey, ME and Russia/CIS.
- Plan and conduct license reviews to ensure software is used and distributed in compliance with the associated license agreements. This includes negotiation and cooperation with internal legal representatives
- Interpret license agreements and maintenance renewal records by conducting license reconciliations.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of Trimble A&D environments to provide license analysis and guidance.
- Prepare compliance reports for distribution to customers/partners and our direct sales personnel dealing with key accounts.
- Work with Sales/ Partners and the Customer to resolve issues identified in compliance reports.
- Provide licensing education to internal and external customers.
- Drive enhancements to the license report collection and analysis process.
- Explore new processes and procedures to increase the success of the compliance initiatives.
- Responsibilities, related to the Licence Compliance Strategy build up.
- Help study the local environment we are to develop Licence Compliance in and what approach would be effective, yet still maintaining the global Licence Compliance policy guidelines we have got for the A&D team
- Negotiate terms and conditions for work with local agencies
- Work closely with the EMEA AREA responsible to help build up a strategy in line with direct sales and channel marketing
- Proven experience in license compliance business execution
- Advanced business knowledge
- Strong presentation and written/verbal communication skill
- Experience in working with C-level personnel
- Strong analytical and research skills, and attention to detail
- Experience with and a strong understanding of software license agreements
- Ability to analyze and interpret key relationships and concepts
- Ability to relate smaller concepts to the overall "big picture"
- Ability to work independently
- Successful management of multiple projects
- Understanding of the software industry is a must
- Strong interest in technology
- BS/BA degree in MIS, Finance or related degree. A legal degree will be an advantage, but not a must
- Existing relationships with compliance agencies is an advantage
- Experience in working with a distribution channel is an advantage
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D