Title: Test Engineer
Location: Westminster, CO
Department: Agriculture, In-Field Solutions
The Trimble Agriculture division is seeking a candidate to fill a full time Test Engineer position in our Westminster, CO engineering team. The candidate will work closely with the development teams in the testing and performance of our products, which include but are not limited to steering, GNSS, water management, and implement control systems. Success in this position will require the candidate to be creative, highly organized and self-motivated.
- Support hardware engineering team on hardware validation and system testing.
- Work with software engineering team on testing embedded firmware.
- Generate detailed bug reports, and in some cases need to help diagnose root cause
- Create standard test plans and test procedures and update existing ones
- Generate detailed test reports on findings
- Coordinate field validation as needed
Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and a willingness to work with people on changing requirements to deliver a quality product to the customer
- Problem-solving and time management skills with motivation and ability to work autonomously
- Experience with test and measurements, data acquisition and analysis of complex systems
- Ability to use electronics equipment such as multimeter, oscilloscope, and function generators
- Minimum 4 years experience in an engineering test, product development or other relevant field.
- Bachelor's degree in ME, CE, EE or other relevant engineering field
Other / Preferred Requirements:
- Programming experience (Matlab, Python, C/C++, or Java)
- Understanding of communications buses such as CAN Bus, Serial, and Ethernet
- Precision Agriculture experience
- Travel (including international) up to 25%
- Master’s degree in ME, CE, EE or other relevant engineering field
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D