Title: Data Analyst
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Trimble Transportation is in business for optimizing the movement of freight by providing shippers and carriers both mobility, enterprise and visibility software tools they need to run their businesses more efficiently. As the leading provider of Transportation Management Software (TMS), Asset Management Software (AMS), and Fleet Management Software (FMS) we are devoted to propelling companies in the trucking industry toward increased efficiency, lower costs and optimize operations.
Data Analyst positions is a support role for Account Services Administrators (ASAs). Data Analyst work closely with ASAs to meet monthly and quarterly deadlines and provide clients with high level of customer service. This position is responsible for reviewing daily data including GPS, dispatch and fuel feeds as well as identifying irregularities and trends; “cleaning” data; preparing monthly and quarterly tax returns. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential. Priorities may change from day to day, so Data Analyst should be able to comfortably switch gears and accommodate changing workflow. The Data Analyst does not require direct customer contact.
- Use daily feeds, such as GPS, fuel and dispatch to identify, properly communicate and where appropriate, clean up potential data irregularities. (70%)
- Prepare monthly and quarterly fuel tax returns (20%)
- Assist ASAs on variety of tasks (5%)
- Provide audit support (5%)
- 1+ years of experience in analysis or data analysis activities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat and Google apps
- Ability to type 40+ words per minute
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized, with ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Comfortable making decisions, relying on knowledge and good judgement
- Comfortable taking initiative to complete outstanding tasks without need for directions
- Ability to work in changing environment, such as - working independently or in a team; fast-paced or at times mundane setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Transportation industry and/or mobile communications experience
- Fuel tax knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor.