NM Group optimise the performance of electricity networks by remotely sensing and serving the position and condition of our client's assets. From mapping and presenting spatial data on an electrical network through to modelling and displaying a 3D virtual network environment we deliver value to electricity network operators.
Main purpose of the role: Data processing team supervisors plan, organize and control the processing activities of the data processing team.
Position Title: Aerial Sensor Operator
Reporting to: UK Field Operations Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
Aerial Sensor Operators work primarily in field and are competent at operating, installing and troubleshooting a range of aerial sensor systems.
Review RFP’s and advise on aviation platforms and logistical considerations in the development of project briefs.
- Review project briefs and conduct planning activities such as the preparation of work plans and research into airspace, aircraft and logistics.
- Review project information and both aerial and ground survey plan prior to deployment to site.
- Engage in project and safety briefings/meetings prior to work start and during the daily toolbox talk.
- Install and ground testing of the scanner systems on standard aviation platforms.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system failures sourcing assistance through established support channels with third party suppliers as necessary.
- Contribute to tactical planning for daily airborne operations by providing practical advice and recommendations to PSL and communication with the pilot.
- Brief the pilot prior to flight to communicate the daily tactical plan and any specific requirements.
- Issue flight notifications to clients as required.
- Liaise with the PSL and the ground team to ensure all are in place prior to commencing survey, re-deploying each base as required and communicate when clear to stop the ground equipment.
- On occasion lead aerial survey campaigns acting as Project Survey lead (PSL).
- Operate the sensor equipment for data capture, utilising the flight plans and effective pilot communication to capture data and verify real-time coverage.
- Download the flight data and logs to the system hard drives and ensure the safety of the storage medium on transport to hotel/office.
- On a daily basis, issue completed data and reporting as appropriate and update any tracking documents as required.
Degree qualified in relevant field (e.g. Geomatics, Surveying, Remote Sensing) and at least 1 year experience or have at least 3 years direct industry experience.
· Ability to travel and work away for long period at short notice.
· No travel restrictions/criminal record.
· Full Clean EU drivers licence (held for + 1 year).
· A mechanical and electrical aptitude.
The following competencies should be demonstrated in addition to the core competencies at Tier 2:
Strong personality to deal with clients, contractor and other 3rd parties when working in the field.
- Resourcefulness in seeking solutions to problems and an aptitude for trouble shooting.
- A commitment to safe working practices.
Expected Discipline Knowledge and Skills: (skills required)
Competent operation of aerial sensors (Optech LiDAR scanners with integrated imaging systems) and the ability to maximise flight efficiency and minimise flying hours.
- Installation of aerial sensors (Optech LiDAR scanners with integrated imaging systems) on standard platforms and ability to resolve installation issues in novel scenarios.
- Good understanding of the fundamental working principals of aerial survey systems and position an orientation technologies.
- Good understanding of aerial survey methodology, different ground control configurations and appropriate flying regimes
- Good understanding of sensor parameters and their function (both LiDAR and imaging systems).
- IT literate including Outlook and Excel.
- Awareness understanding of fundamental survey concepts such as datum, projections, geoids and coordinate systems.
- Familiarity of safe working practices in the field.
- Good understanding of different aviation survey platforms and their uses and capabilities.
- Good understanding of the approvals and certification required for the mounting and installation of survey equipment of aviation platforms.
- Awareness understanding of the certification required to support shipment survey systems including Carnets and DSP’s.
- Ability to troubleshoot system operation issues without the assistance of third party-support providers and identify serious system faults requiring on-site supplier support quickly and efficiently.
- In consideration of the demands of a Field Operations role; candidates must inform NM Group of any medical or other conditions which may require additional support from NM Group to successfully discharge that role.
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D