Sales Engineer - North America
Trimble MAPS is a transportation technology company dedicated to defining the optimal route to success. We achieve this through innovative routing, mileage, mapping and mobile navigation solutions. From trusted industry standard data to seamless integrations, Trimble MAPS solutions are used by a broad range of industries, workforce, and everyday drivers on the road. For over 35 years, our suite of solutions, which includes PC*MILER, CoPilot, and Trimble MAPS, have set the foundation for safe and efficient journeys worldwide – one mile, one driver, one vehicle at a time.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Sales Engineering, you will be responsible for capturing, documenting and consulting on partners and customers’ needs and requirements. Following this, the Sales Engineer will act as the voice of the customer internally at Trimble MAPS, championing their needs to ensure effective delivery of the Trimble MAPS Enterprise Solutions suite.
The role will include the following duties:
- Serve as a technical expert for Trimble MAPS Enterprise Solutions suite throughout the sales process
- Lead technical presentations of the products to customers
- Champion customers, understand their needs and ensure external commitments always align with Trimble MAPS Enterprise Solutions suite of products capabilities
- Identify opportunities to improve the product and service offerings
- Communicate market needs to Product Owners, Development, Marketing and Support teams
- Work closely with the business development team, conducting on-site business assessments to understand the needs of the customer or partner.
- Interface with Support, Implementation, and Product Management teams to demonstrate how the Enterprise Solution suite of products can solve a customer or partner’s issues
- Sales / Business Development event support
- BS or equivalent work experience, ideally in computer software, transportation and logistics industry experience is a plus
- Experience working in a customer facing role in the software industry
- Experience working in a partnership / channel sales ecosystem
- Mobile Device knowledge required across the main mobile and desktop platforms, including but not limited to: iOS, Android, Windows
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Ability to travel. Travel estimated at 30-50% with the majority of travel within North America
- Ability to work reliably and effectively in a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Be flexible, able to work under pressure with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Work ethically, methodically, accurately and neatly
- A knowledge of and genuine interest in hosted software & mobile technology