Title: API Product Manager
Location: Westminster, CO
Department: Trimble Cloud - Data Services
We are looking for an API Product Manager for Data Services to join the Trimble Cloud product management team. This position is a permanent position located at the Trimble Inc. office in Westminster, Colorado.
Our team takes a cloud-first approach to deliver shared web services that are used by Trimble businesses and Trimble partners. Our platform-as-a-service is used by hundreds of application product teams to expedite their time to market. We focus on building services used by developers that are simple, scalable, and secure. You will represent the product and communicate and measure its value to Trimble and our customers.
As an API Product Manager, you’ll be a key part of the Trimble Product Management team responsible for integrating new ideas, technology, and customer requirements into our offerings. You will deliver and evolve innovative solutions that continue to drive Trimble’s business success.
Our Product Managers play a critical role in the organization - working with many parts of the business to ensure our products are top-notch. You will be responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including:
- Helping to define and evangelize the vision for Trimble's web services platform and build momentum around that vision with Trimble’s software product teams and business leadership
- Developing a strong understanding of the target customers and their needs
- Gathering, defining, filtering and prioritizing product development in a strategic roadmap that is supported by a well-researched business case
- Working closely with engineering and your peers in Product Management to ensure value is delivered in a timely and cost-effective way
- Own the business outcome and commercial success of your product
- Be an expert in our market and solutions, and learn everything about competitors, opportunities, and users
- Validate market opportunity for problems, solutions, and ideas with direct user feedback using a variety of lean development and market research techniques
- Act as the Agile product owner and communicate regularly with other key stakeholders in the business including Engineering, Client Success, Sales Channels, and Marketing. Be willing to do aspect of each of these roles when necessary.
- Story writing, capacity planning, grooming, and planning throughout the discovery and development process
- Work at both strategic and tactical levels by managing the entire product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Conduct market research, competitive analysis, product concept validation, and prototype testing
- Work in a hands-on, fast-paced, creative, entrepreneurial environment, in a cross-functional capacity
- Be customer-focused, and back your recommendations with strong supporting evidence
Skills & Experience for Success
- 0-3 years of experience as a product manager or equivalent experience managing the process of defining and building software products or web services
- Experience with APIs and web services technology including REST/JSON
- Experience leading product discovery and software integrations
- Experience working in platform-as-a-service or software-as-a-service businesses, B2C or B2B
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Willingness to ask questions when you don't know
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D