Richmond Hill, Ontario
Reports to: HW Team Lead
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety, and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware, and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation, and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB), visit www.trimble.com
Reporting to the H/W team lead and working with various development managers, your primary role will be to
take ownership for all aspects of mechanical design for Applanix products ranging from
Land/Marine/Airborne/Autonomous systems. You will work in a team environment with other electrical and
systems engineers to design mechanical housings, components and test fixtures for a variety of products. You
will also work independently and need to have good knowledge of industry trends and standards to produce
creative designs that meet customer and market requirements as well as all regulatory and environmental
● Working with various level of specifications, work with product groups to develop mechanical designs
● Work with internal stakeholders, engineering and marketing teams, suppliers, vendors and
manufacturers to realize product from concept to design and full production.
● Develop rapid prototypes using 3D printers.
● Provide time and cost estimate to Development Managers to help in project planning.
● Provide expertise on type of material and design to best suit product and market requirements.
● Full documentation of all aspects following engineering processes including testing and
certification as well as training production staff as required for final release.
● Meet design requirements in terms of regulatory compliance, and testing standards.
● Bachelor’s Degree - in Industrial Design or Mechanical Engineering/Design.
● Expertise in SolidWorks 3D CAD software suite (2018).
● Knowledge of various environmental, dynamics and thermal testing standards for regulatory certification.
● Creativity in industrial design.
● Knowledge and working experience with various materials.
● 2+ years of Experience in mechanical design in similar industry.
● Strong interpersonal skills and a Team player.
● Excellent communications skills & independent developer.
Applanix (a Trimble company) is committed to an Accessible workplace and provides an Accessible recruitment process. Please note that we can accommodate disabilities upon request. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.