Since our founding in 1983, Trimble Transportation has become the nation’s leading developer of enterprise software for transportation service companies and logistics operations. From our offices in seven cities across the US and Canada, we enhance vital supply chains in North America that connect manufacturing, raw material, agriculture, oil & energy, retail, wholesale, food & beverage, distribution businesses and mobile service providers with higher efficiency, greater visibility and improved responsiveness. Our expanding product range covers operations, dispatch, finance, business intelligence, process optimization, routing and scheduling, asset maintenance and a variety of cloud-based applications and services. We serve over 3,000 distinct customers in commercial and private transportation sectors, from trucking and distribution to 3PLs, construction fleets, municipal and waste management fleets, plus fuel & energy. Our most valued business asset continues to be our Associates--high-performing professionals with exceptional capability, creativity and ingenuity. Our people demonstrate strong dedication to their own success and that of Trimble Transportation.
This role is responsible for application performance by doing hands-on Performance test framework and test scripts. This individual will need to have experience in performance testing cross-platform, distributed applications to assist the Quality Assurance and Development teams to identify and resolve performance defects in the product is critical to job success. May be called upon to document the framework/architecture used to manage scripting and participate in the installation and configuration of a complex test environment.
Assessment and assurance of software performance and scalability by performing the following functions:
• Develop and leverage automated methods of application performance/scalability testing and datacenter production environment performance analysis
• Proactively measure, evaluate and optimize application performance via load tests and datacenter production environment performance analysis results
• Produce written assessments assuring product companies that supported application performance/scalability meets customer and industry expectations
• Outline recommendations for performance-oriented software strategies and assist in the definition of software development standards and efficiencies
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited college or university, or other related scientific or technical discipline and demonstrated successful experience with increasing responsibilities in the performance testing discipline
• Demonstrated ability to lead automated testing effort, strong desire to mentor team members in area of expertise, and high degree of comfort working as an individual contributor and as part of a team
• Two years of experience in the following areas:
- Cross-group collaboration skills in working with internal partners on technical issues
- Microsoft SQL Server, T/SQL programming and .NET Technologies
• 4+ years of experience with automated testing tools, e.g. HP Loadrunner, Telerik Testing Framework, etc.
• Experience with application performance and system/network monitoring/logging utilities, e.g. Microsoft Performance Monitor, Fiddler, Red Gate performance tools, Telerik JustTrace, Internet Information Services (IIS) logging, etc.
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience designing, documenting, and maintaining a performance, scalability, and reliability test suite for enterprise applications that exercises all application layers including working with developers and architects to tune the environment.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Trimble is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected status or characteristic.
Trimble is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee of Trimble via email, the Internet or in any method without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of Trimble. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Trimble as a result of the referral or through other means.