Title: Junior National Sales Representative
Trimble Transportation is in business for optimizing the movement of freight by providing shippers and carriers both mobility, enterprise and visibility software tools they need to run their businesses more efficiently. As the leading provider of Transportation Management Software (TMS), Asset Management Software (AMS), and Fleet Management Software (FMS) we are devoted to propelling companies in the trucking industry toward increased efficiency, lower costs and optimize operations.
Work with the National Sales Manager to prospect, close, and assist in the facilitation of new, large National Account deals in the United States for fleets that have 750 or more trucks and are not currently deployed customers of Trimble Transportation Mobility.
30% Assist their dedicated Director of National Accounts and VP:
- Exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and shipment goals.
- Increase Market share within the accounts and territory.
- Acquire units at an average sales price (ASP) and average revenue per unit (ARPU) through contract negotiations
- Manage expenses effectively to maximize impact on sales pipeline
- Maintain an accurate and timely forecast
- Implement sales training techniques endorsed by Trimble Transportation into everyday process
- Travel 75% of the time while maintaining a professional company image at all times
70% Front End of the Pipeline:
- Build a robust pipeline through prospecting, networking, and working with Inside Sales Team.
- Manage pipeline by utilizing resources and training techniques effectively to push deals from prospect to close.
- Strategically identify the needs for each account by identifying the buying decision team and effectively utilize resources internally to move accounts through the TTM Sales Methodology
- Work diligently on the road and in the office to stay in touch with the buying decision team in a fleet in order to further advance the relationship while also maintaining constant contact with internal teams and resources.
- Update all information, correspondence, and data fields in Salesforce on a continuous basis.
- Sales through the use of technology to solve complex business problems:
- Identify technical and operational needs of a customer through a Targeted Conversation List and Diagnostic Questions
- Deep understanding of the ways a customers’ can be met through our existing technology and those of our partners
- Implement Usage Scenarios, Value Calculation Worksheets, and Cost Benefit Proposals
- Deep understanding of data flow through an operation and how this affects the work flow processes within a fleet
- Customize presentations based on the customers’ needs and how our technology can solve these
- Thorough understanding of the transportation industry as a whole, the issues that transportation operators face, and the solutions that On Board Communication provides to solve these issues.
- Implement the art of Customer Centric Selling and the way to develop long lasting relationships in a fleet.
- Consistently portray the differences in the PeopleNet system versus our competitors
- Onboarding New Customers:
- Order fulfillment management including documentation and shipping visibility.
- Installation and Training Coordination with Tech Ops group and Fulfillment
- Coordination with other departments and internal/external resources to ensure smooth rollout process.
- Ongoing Client Relations:
- Manage issues lists proactively with internal and external resources
- Own management lists and manages clients’ expectations properly
- Ensure quick turnaround for clients’ needs for information and conflict resolution
- Consistently upsell new offerings to the client
- Bring innovative ideas on how to extend the clients contracts through value creation and added VAS (Value Added Service).
- Provide world-class proactive attention to customer needs
- Build lasting relationships with the clients that embody trust, ethics, and character.
- 2 years’ experience in sales and/or the transportation industry.
- Exceptional communication skills
- 75% travel required
- High level of ethics and character
- Self-starter mentality
- Understanding of the Challenger Sales Methodology
- Active Listener
- Experienced with managing a pipeline in Salesforce
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D