Trimble MAPS is a transportation technology company dedicated to defining the optimal route to success. We achieve this through innovative routing, mileage, mapping and mobile navigation solutions. From trusted industry standard data to seamless integrations, Trimble MAPS solutions are used by a broad range of industries, workforce, and everyday drivers on the road. For over 35 years, our suite of solutions, which includes PC*MILER, CoPilot, and Trimble MAPS, have set the foundation for safe and efficient journeys worldwide – one mile, one driver, one vehicle at a time.
Why Trimble MAPS?
Our technology platform generates 20 million routes per day. We are able to handle 50,000 locations/minute to compute routes in real time. From day one, our engineers and engineering managers have the opportunity to influence our products.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you’ll ensure that our web platform scales to meet the needs of our customers. You will respond to production problems, investigate their causes, and engineer and advise on permanent solutions. This role requires a thoughtful problem solver with excellent communication skills.
- BS in Computer Science, or similar degree.
- Exceptional organization and problem solving skills.
- 2+ years of experience in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in one or more of the following: C++, C#, Java, Python, or Ruby.
- Work with senior engineering and testing team members to build tools and testing strategies for problem prevention and detection.
- Troubleshoot production incidents in real time.
- Lead root cause investigations.
- Create robust logging, monitoring, and alerting systems using tools like SumoLogic and DataDog.
- Proactively identify system anomalies.
- Recommend and execute testing strategies.
- Recognize automation opportunities.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
Trimble MAPS is located on Route 1 in Princeton NJ in a new office beautifully designed to support our recent and expected future growth. Trimble MAPS offers great benefits such as paid healthcare, 401K, profit sharing, stock options, and fun perks like summer BBQs.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D